Magura Pissing Fluid, But Where From?

Borat

Easy guys,

Basically, recently my maggie has been loosing alot of fluid in a short time period.

I cant find where, I've taken it off and inspected it and reveals nothing.

What can I do, to find where it is literally pissing fluid from?

Thanks, Jack.

Easy guys,

Basically, recently my maggie has been loosing alot of fluid in a short time period.

I cant find where, I've taken it off and inspected it and reveals nothing.

What can I do, to find where it is literally pissing fluid from?

Thanks, Jack.

Did you take it off and rebleed it, then dry it off and give it a few pumps then inspect it?

that's pretty much the only way you're gonna properly see where it's leaking from

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Been there, done that.

Mystery then it seems

If it's "pissing fluid" then it's safe for us to assume it's losing it at quite a high rate, right?

If so then surely it's gonna be noticeable where it's coming from if you dry the brake off totally and pump til you can feel it's lost fluid then check to see where it's wet.

If not, then that's some crazy physics lawbreaking right thur

Mystery then it seems

If it's "pissing fluid" then it's safe for us to assume it's losing it at quite a high rate, right?

If so then surely it's gonna be noticeable where it's coming from if you dry the brake off totally and pump til you can feel it's lost fluid then check to see where it's wet.

If not, then that's some crazy physics lawbreaking right thur

My thoughts exactly.

It's loosing alot at a quick rate, but I cannot see any sign of leaking.

Dunno what else to suggest then really.

got an old white (or other light colour) towel you don't really mind getting dirty/ stained?

Water bleed the brake and put a few drops of food colouring in the water you use to bleed it, enough to give it a decent bit of colour.

Then seal it all up, lay it down on the towel and pump it a load of times. In theory the coloured water is gonna leak out and be really noticeable on the towel, pinpointing your problem.

I have no idea if food colouring would have adverse effects on your seals, but I really doubt it. Plus it'll clean out easy enough when you bleed it with clean water

Tried Ben's method, nothing availed.

Changed seals, and lever bleed bolt.

The reason I changed bleed bolt, is there was a bit of fluid always sat around it, so I changed it.

I will get a new rear cable and some olives, when I get some money.

its could be from the bleed bolt, on the cylinder. this happened to mine when i water bled it for the first time, the water was actually pissing out. once i realised this, i put a copped washer (from the magura service kit) inbetween the bleed bolt and the cylinder hole. worked perfectly after that (Y)