Are Trialtech Mod Forks As Good As Stock?

aener

Mine are sweet. Came from some Echo Lites previously, very stiff with a 160mm BB7. Good quality, not much to say. The steerer may not be generous enough for some though.

If the stock ones are the same as the mod ones (talking tube thickness) then they should be lighter and stronger.

They're sweet (Y) Just as good as the stock version, which is pretty damn good. It still surprises me people are willing to repeatedly buy Deng forks they've broken in the past when they could just get a set of Trialtechs and have stronger, stiffer forks that are going to last them longer.

C'est la vie...

They're sweet (Y) Just as good as the stock version, which is pretty damn good. It still surprises me people are willing to repeatedly buy Deng forks they've broken in the past when they could just get a set of Trialtechs and have stronger, stiffer forks that are going to last them longer.

C'est la vie...

Because Trialtech mod forks are ugly....and they're both VERY expensive. don't get me wrong, love me Viz forks which are pretty much TT's but they are a lot to blow.

Edit: They are definitely stronger, but it's just hard to justify I reckon. If they were sub £100 they'd sell a hell of a lot more, but I guess that's not about to happen :P

Edited by Alex Dark

One pair of Trialtech forks is less than multiple pairs of Deng forks though, which is the point I was making. Re: Looks - to each their own, really. I'm not really keen on the look of Urban forks, but they still seem pretty popular.

One pair of Trialtech forks is less than multiple pairs of Deng forks though, which is the point I was making. Re: Looks - to each their own, really. I'm not really keen on the look of Urban forks, but they still seem pretty popular.

I agreed with you there OBM :mellow: I just said that the RRP is too high for some people to justify.

Too true on the looks front, I prefer the Lites on a mod and some TT's on a stock :)

if trialtech made them with vee mounts i would have some

Hmmm, why not? Loads of people are running them reverse mount with vee daptors

Trialtech forks are OK. From the bikes I've tried, they are stiff. I can't say much about long term reliability though.

Aesthetically, the TTs are muntered versions of the original Viz forks... which did actually look nice. I do think that the Echo Lite/SL forks look neater and better shaped, however they are weaker ... but I suppose lighter too. Still, a fair bit cheaper.

exactly, sorry to hijack this lads thread but anyone had any dealings with the because forks, a bit sceptical due to the lightweight

I haven't but a fair few people seem to ride them nowadays....

Trialtech forks are OK. From the bikes I've tried, they are stiff. I can't say much about long term reliability though.

Aesthetically, the TTs are muntered versions of the original Viz forks... which did actually look nice. I do think that the Echo Lite/SL forks look neater and better shaped, however they are weaker ... but I suppose lighter too. Still, a fair bit cheaper.

Ye, they are a shallow taper steerer from the viz's too....shapes from the fly guys though?

...I can. They have the best steerer tube system on any fork we sell. No-one else uses it as it's a custom design by Trialtech themselves, so although the forks 'look' like V!Z forks, they aren't. They also have some of the strongest dropouts out there, as well as some of the stiffest and strongest legs. The reason they cost more than other forks is the amount of custom parts that go into making them, which does drive the price up. However, as a result of those parts, you do get the strongest and stiffest forks out there. That's why - to my knowledge - we've never had a pair of Trialtech 20" forks back.

...I can. They have the best steerer tube system on any fork we sell. No-one else uses it as it's a custom design by Trialtech themselves, so although the forks 'look' like V!Z forks, they aren't. They also have some of the strongest dropouts out there, as well as some of the stiffest and strongest legs. The reason they cost more than other forks is the amount of custom parts that go into making them, which does drive the price up. However, as a result of those parts, you do get the strongest and stiffest forks out there. That's why - to my knowledge - we've never had a pair of Trialtech 20" forks back.

They have the same steerer system as the older onza smart guys. I'd hardly call it a custom design.

The dropouts are completely identical to the viz from what I can see...

The legs are the same shape as the Viz and have the original " ripple technology " onza used years back.....they may use a thicker tubing, I'm not sure.

I DO agree they are VERY good forks, and I like my Viz VERY much.....I refuse to admit that they're a totally original design though <_<

They have the same steerer system as the older onza smart guys. I'd hardly call it a custom design.

The steerer/crown is a custom design by Trialtech. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I know that to be a fact, rather than just looking at pictures of something and thinking "That looks similar".