Been Riding Mod For A While, Now Interested In 24"...

Jake.

I've been riding an mod for 2 years now, I've ridden an Onza rip, Zoo python 04, and now a czar 08...

I'm becoming more interested in the 24" bikes, but am unsure if i should make the transition from mod to 24"?

Has anybody else gone to 24" from mod? Would like to know how it went for them... Also what would be the differences in mods and 24"?

I might be selling up my Zoo frame and the czar to buy an Onza Zoot 24" as it seems quite cheap, is this a bad idea?

Would be grateful if somebody could help :)

I've been riding an mod for 2 years now, I've ridden an Onza rip, Zoo python 04, and now a czar 08...

I'm becoming more interested in the 24" bikes, but am unsure if i should make the transition from mod to 24"?

Has anybody else gone to 24" from mod? Would like to know how it went for them... Also what would be the differences in mods and 24"?

I might be selling up my Zoo frame and the czar to buy an Onza Zoot 24" as it seems quite cheap, is this a bad idea?

Would be grateful if somebody could help :)

I'm in the same position at the moment, so I would like to see what advice you get from people.

Do what im doing at the moment, keep your mod and build a 24", cos i you build a 24" and find you dont like it, you still have your mod and can just sell the 24" (Y)

Yeah thanks sounds like a good idea, I've got an Zoo python frame i could swap with someones 24".. Probably won't get a very good one but it'll get me started :D(Y)

i got an inspired aswell as my limey20 and didnt like it one bit, felt too different to mod imo, good fun all the same, but i found myself everytime i was going out riding id get the 20" because i rode better on it, doing the same stuff on the 24 required so much more effort, so i ended up sellin it, hope this helped, phil

Is it a long or short? i have a python short but need a long, i may interested in your frame for the right price (Y)

It's a long 'un matey :)

i got an inspired aswell as my limey20 and didnt like it one bit, felt too different to mod imo, good fun all the same, but i found myself everytime i was going out riding id get the 20" because i rode better on it, doing the same stuff on the 24 required so much more effort, so i ended up sellin it, hope this helped, phil

Thanks Phil, this did help- your saying that the 24" was more of an effort? Hrm.. How long did you have it and ride it for? Cause sometimes you have to get used to a whole new riding style before you can ride good!

I guess I should try riding a 24" before actually getting one.. And if I like it then I'll build a super cheap one :)

Thanks Phil, this did help- your saying that the 24" was more of an effort? Hrm.. How long did you have it and ride it for? Cause sometimes you have to get used to a whole new riding style before you can ride good!

I guess I should try riding a 24" before actually getting one.. And if I like it then I'll build a super cheap one :)

i tried riding the inspired over a few months, way long enough to get used to it, and could ride it alrite, but wen it came to bigger stuff, it was so much easier and fun on my 20", nothing more frustrating than knowing you can do something easily if you just switched over to a different bike

this is all my experience though, i find it the same with stocks, cant get on with them

phil (Y)

i tried riding the inspired over a few months, way long enough to get used to it, and could ride it alrite, but wen it came to bigger stuff, it was so much easier and fun on my 20", nothing more frustrating than knowing you can do something easily if you just switched over to a different bike

this is all my experience though, i find it the same with stocks, cant get on with them

phil (Y)

I'd like a 24" but i think this is how i would be. Im going to stick to what i know. Just make my 20" lighter with my money :)

ive never owned a mod, but ridden them a fair bit in the past few years, and i have now got one on the way, but ive ridden 24's since the ET24 first came out, after switching from stock

i love riding 24, i dont do huge riding, but i always have fun on the bike, and to my riding style its perfect. really fun just messing about with tech moves and spiny type stuff, without too much hassle actually riding just trials on the thing.

i think it really depends on what riding style you want to ride on it, as they do tend to be alot more street orientated, (although i ride plenty of natural on my 24 and get on with it fine)

do you want to ride bmxy style street on go for a more trialsy approach. as this will make the choice of whether going for a inspired/marino/leeson type bike, or maybe something more like the rockman tractor or the because trials, as they seem to be more trialsy to ride.

i think thats the most important thing to think about, is what you want to do with it? maybe it will help you decide if you actually think it would be worth getting.

go on a ride with a few guys on 24's, ride their bikes, watch some 24 vids. if you see what you like, then go for it. they are awesome and very fun

hope this helps in some way

phil (Y)

I get the impression that 24"s are a shitload of fun to mess around on but mod / stock is the way forward for when you want to go big?

Cheers :)

yer but not everyone has the ability of danny mac, as i say this is just how i got on with a 24, but as said before, if you ride more trialsy riding, then maybe keep the mod, as i was still trying to ride trialsy stuff on the 24 when it was much suited to the more streety element, which it does very well, just depends entirely on what kind of riding you will be doing, phil

ive never owned a mod, but ridden them a fair bit in the past few years, and i have now got one on the way, but ive ridden 24's since the ET24 first came out, after switching from stock

i love riding 24, i dont do huge riding, but i always have fun on the bike, and to my riding style its perfect. really fun just messing about with tech moves and spiny type stuff, without too much hassle actually riding just trials on the thing.

i think it really depends on what riding style you want to ride on it, as they do tend to be alot more street orientated, (although i ride plenty of natural on my 24 and get on with it fine)

do you want to ride bmxy style street on go for a more trialsy approach. as this will make the choice of whether going for a inspired/marino/leeson type bike, or maybe something more like the rockman tractor or the because trials, as they seem to be more trialsy to ride.

i think thats the most important thing to think about, is what you want to do with it? maybe it will help you decide if you actually think it would be worth getting.

go on a ride with a few guys on 24's, ride their bikes, watch some 24 vids. if you see what you like, then go for it. they are awesome and very fun

hope this helps in some way

Yeah, I want to be doing manuals.. Endos.. Maybe even go to the skatepark with it as loads of my mates go there.. I'd use it around town but whenever I get invited to bigger rides I'd take my mod? I had a go on someones 24" yesterday and it felt weird on the rear wheel but loads more comfortable to ride? Hrmm I so badly want one- do you think I should get one? I would use it alot in town as there's loads of streety stuff like manuals, 180's, bunnyhops kind of things to ride around where I live.

Also.. What 24" frame would you reccomend? I'm looking at the Czar but not sure about the inspired..

Thanks dude (Y)

yer but not everyone has the ability of danny mac, as i say this is just how i got on with a 24, but as said before, if you ride more trialsy riding, then maybe keep the mod, as i was still trying to ride trialsy stuff on the 24 when it was much suited to the more streety element, which it does very well, just depends entirely on what kind of riding you will be doing, phil

Well said!

I found that because frame was limiting me, felt a bit crapmed and I am not a big rider. Could not go as high and everymove was harder to do than a stock. It might be just a geo but I am sticking with stock. Got to love those big wheels :giggle: