About Snail Cams...

Hey guys,

I'm a happy owner of an onza zoot 2010 for about a week now,and the problem is that my chain tugs keep bending and snapping.this happens because the dropouts of the frame are thin and the chain tugs dont "hug" the frame well, resulting to damage of the frame and the tug.I would like to know if i could install snail cams on the bike and if they are going to fit(there are holes at the back of the frame) or i will have to drill it.

Thanks, Themis.

if i was you sir i would go for some better tugs and blow the snails out the window.but if i was you i would check with onza as i would say that it would still be under warrnty

I ordered 2 pairs of gusset kojak tugs.I hope they're going to last.The problem is that the dropouts of the frame are thinner than the tugs so the tugs dont hung up on the frame well.

snail cams need to be tight between the hub and frame when you tighten the wheel if this is not the case you need to try something else.

Yeap, i know that but dont i have to drill holes to the frame for the cams?

I own an onza myself and have found the Onza tugs to be very unreliable and often snap off, much like yours!

I've now changed over to Kojak's myself and have found that they fit alot better and are a much more solid build (slightly heavier).

I'm a bit rubbish with maintaining my bike, and didn't realise at first that the Kojak's only fit one way round, so do flip 'em over and you do have to 'pop' them in for a perfect fit!

Hope this helps.

Ta

• Like 1

I own an onza myself and have found the Onza tugs to be very unreliable and often snap off, much like yours!

I've now changed over to Kojak's myself and have found that they fit alot better and are a much more solid build (slightly heavier).

I'm a bit rubbish with maintaining my bike, and didn't realise at first that the Kojak's only fit one way round, so do flip 'em over and you do have to 'pop' them in for a perfect fit!

Hope this helps.

Ta

Thank you very much!I thought it was my frame to blame,that was relieving.