24:2010

Ok guys, dates and locations are as follows:

43695521.png

Any thoughts/comments, stick 'em up (Y)

Original Post:

Right, enough cluttering up last year's thread with bits and bobs about this summer's road trip, let's get all this into one place and get things sorted!

I know it's a few months off yet, but the sooner we can sort out at least some idea of where we're going to go the better as it lets people sort out time off work, places to crash, train tickets and lifts to share etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After last year's trip there was a pretty unanimous vibe that it needed to happen again, so happen it shall! The dates are confirmed, the locations are not. This is where your input is required.

Last summer, the 24tour rolled from East to West, hitting Southend, London, Portsmouth, Reading, Newport, Bristol and Plymouth, with a couple of other spots thrown in for good measure along the way. This year we have two options; we can either run a similar route again or we can venture up the country a bit.

Word from the street is that the majority want to hit up a similar route again, done.

Oh while I think of it ideas for challenges along the trip would be cool too - these can be certain lines/moves to nail at a particular spot or completely random (hug a hobo) but will help make the trip a little more funky along the way too! Think Ride to Glory style stuff. Chances are Revolver/Mr Booth & Co will be tripping about at roughly the same time, so we'll try and hook up with them for a day or three along the way, but a bit of friendly competition in the form of challenges could keep things fresh (must be filmed for proof, clips or it didn't happen!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary:

Dates: 13th to 22nd August 2010

Locations: TBC, get voting!

Anyone and everyone is welcome as before, regardless of bike, riding ability or northern accent. The only time an exception will be made is if people decide to be 'tards. This is a great fun trip with great fun people, if you don't feel you can be a part of that then that's fair enough, but please don't ruin it for everyone else.

Sorry for ranting on a bit, but that's pretty much it I think. Please get your thoughts and suggestions flooding in whether you were on last year's trip/hoping to make this year/neither - every little helps!

Cheers x

24tourquote.gif

• Like 1

In for the win. East -> West, potential stop off in Taunton between Bristol and Plymouth to ride the new Hamilton skate park... chode bowl :D

Lairy colours and some tour graphics needed? Should be awesome, booking from the 13th til the 2nd off to encompass the all star event that is the PrawnBigmanSanger weekender (if its happening?).

We 'rode' Reading last year. One spot all day, about half an hour riding then we got bored and bought hats.

That was quite funny, Simpson Rodeo! :P

Plus, you just admitted to riding one spot, you didn't get out and ride more!

My suggestions depend on whether you want to treat it like a nationwide version of a standard London ride where you ride the same spots everyone else rides, or if you want to travel a bit further afield and go to newer and better places ;)

• Like 1

Your gay!

Reading Massive, represent!

I don't have a gay anything.

I discussed this with Luke and he's given it the go-ahead. Challenge #4, chase Jack Chinnery from reading with fire and pitchforks.

Every good film has an angry mob.

My suggestions depend on whether you want to treat it like a nationwide version of a standard London ride where you ride the same spots everyone else rides, or if you want to travel a bit further afield and go to newer and better places ;)

Suggest away, you're bound to know some different spots to most (Y)

I don't have a gay anything.

I discussed this with Luke and he's given it the go-ahead. Challenge #4, chase Jack Chinnery from reading with fire and pitchforks.

Every good film has an angry mob.

Bring it! :shifty:

As a rough suggestion...

1. Bristol

2. Wolverhampton (Got some awesome BMXy type stuff there, had a P5 BMX jam there that ruled!)

3. Liverpool or Blackpool (Liverpool has some more BMXy inspired stuff, Blackpool's got stuff like the Moon Rocks and some new stuff on the prom itself which is really fun to play on. Plus, it's Blackpool :P)

4. Leeds

5. Newcastle (Awesome street, loads of character, cool place, bit off the beaten track)

6. Either Leeds again, or Bradford, or even Sheffield if you fancy missioning it.

7. Stoke (If you must :rolleyes)

8. Somewhere more SW assuming you need to end up near Plymouth again. Cardiff's got some interesting bits, worth a pop...

Depending on how high up the country you end up coming, I might try and join you guys for a bit, work permitting.

South because most of the riders were from those ends and really accommodating with houses and stuff, and don't know so many riders up North who would be so generous.... thats only because I've only ever ridden south I suppose.

in for south, same reason as simpson really, but what parks are around these days as newport is now off the map . . . we def gotta hit up 1 skatepark at least . .

but depending on how far up to go could bring in a couple of new spots this year, ive never been to leeds and would quite like to go there at some point . .

any idea's on who will be driving this year and with available car space?? :-

I remember we had to wait most of the day for the 24tour to come. Might be better if your not 4 hours late :P

Foam pit and general win >> Reading ;)

As a rough suggestion...

<handy list of handy things>

Depending on how high up the country you end up coming, I might try and join you guys for a bit, work permitting.

Like Simps/Luis have mentioned, we'll probably be keeping it a tad further south as most of the lads form last year live somewhere on/near the general route meaning people are hooked up for crashing and stuff. If we venture further up the country (if the vote goes that way) then we'll definitely consider some of those spots though, cheers broseph (Y)

in for south, same reason as simpson really, but what parks are around these days as newport is now off the map . . . we def gotta hit up 1 skatepark at least . .

any idea's on who will be driving this year and with available car space?? :-

Mount Hawke at the end of the week, a few in Southend etc. We'll make sure it's covered mate, after last year there will be at least one park day on the trip for sure!

i cant facking wait for this years tour, its going to be awesome

Too. f**king. Right! :P

Go to London so I can come harass you now I'm 24"ed up, although if you go up Leeds way I could train up from Essex and provide some crashing space at my uni house.

First impression is that East to West will happen again, so get involved dude! Would be great to have you a long for at least some of the fun and games!

In other news: Tobias/Tom Booth & co. will be doing there trip at the same time to us, so a full R2G style showdown is ON! :D

• Like 1

other. add this to the poll luke.

southend, london, portsmouth reading, leicester, birmingham, bristol, plymouth

thats 8 days of tour, i can provide places to sleep near pompey, leicester and brum.

and its more north than most of us usually dare to go.

also, i imagine ill be driving, so does anyone want a space for 1/2 petrol payment?

Route one, get Southampton in there aswell, sick place to ride :)

Kennard - Can i claim that seat ? :)

Southampton is about as fun to ride as watching paint dry. That's a very biased opinion of that shithole as i nearly got shanked by some homies there. Not. Cool.

I voted south because A. i haven't saved enough money for petrol. B. My car swallows more petrolium than a cheap whore and C. North is GAY. :)

Ok, C is a joke but meh, i have space in the car is anyone wants sharesies.

Cannot wait :)

x