24:2010

Generally you'll be ok on the slightly less busy routes, but if 6 people show up with bikes for 4 spaces and you've booked a slot you'll have the edge :P

Once the route's sorted (the poll seems fairly one sided so it'll most likely be an east-to-west trip) people who will be driving generally show themselves so you may be able to find someone with a space you could nab in return for a cut of petrol costs (Y)

In other 24tour-related news: Last year's video is now actually getting started!

In other 24tour-related news: Last year's video is now actually getting started!

This is un-natural.

In more 24tour-related news, i'm madly excited about the prospect of having a 24 again. Granted, i'll still be shit, but YAY!

I'm in wherever the tour leads, most of the places we rode last time were the first time for me anyway, so nothings gonna be stale for me.

Anybody fun got a spare seat?

I just noticed the quote under the 24 tour picture is mine, excellent. I've just about recovered now.

Section I - General Rules

1) The first person to yell "SHOTGUN" gets to ride in the front seat.

2) The remaining back seats may be divvied up in the same manner by being the first to call "back right seat", etc..

3) The word "shotgun" must be loud enough to be heard by at least one witness. If no witness is to be found, or in case of a tie, the driver has the final word. After all, it is most likely his car. (note: if it isn't his car, and the owner is present, the owner's decision is final. Owner must be sober, however, or he will defer his judgment to the driver.)

4) Early calls are strictly prohibited. All occupants of the vehicle (including the driver) must be outside of the building and directly on the way to the vehicle before shotgun may be called. Under no circumstances may a person call shotgun inside a building. For sake of simplicity, a garage is considered to be outside. Parking structures and detached garages are always considered as being outdoors, even if they are underground.

5) A person may only call shotgun for one way of a trip. Shotgun can never be called while inside a vehicle or still technically on the way to the first location. For example, one can not get out of a vehicle and call Shotgun for the return journey.

6) Being as how everyone is created equal, men have the same right as women to the front seat of the car. i.e. women don't own the front seat.

7) One is allowed to ride shotgun as many times as he can call it, but for himself only. No one can call shotgun for their slower friend, unless the friend has a speech or mental handicap that prevents them from calling it for themselves.

8) The driver has final say in all ties and disputes. The driver has the right to suspend or remove all shotgun privileges from one or more persons.

Section II - Special Cases

These special exceptions to the rules above should be considered in the order presented; the case listed first will take precedence over any of the cases beneath it, when applicable.

1) In the instance that the normal driver of a vehicle is drunk or otherwise unable to perform their duties as driver, then he/she is automatically given Shotgun.

2) If the instance that the person who actually owns the vehicle is not driving, then he/she is automatically given Shotgun, unless they decline.

3) In the instance the driver's spouse, lover, partner, or hired prostitute for the evening is going to accompany the group, he/she is automatically given Shotgun, unless they decline.

4) In the instance that one of the passengers may become so ill during the course of the journey that the other occupants feel he/she will toss their cookies, then the ill person should be given Shotgun to make appropriate use of the window.

5) In the instance that only one person knows how to get to a given location and this person is not the driver, then as the designated navigator for the group they automatically get Shotgun, unless they decline.

6) In the instance that one of the occupants is too wide or tall to fit comfortably in the back seat, then the driver may show mercy and award Shotgun to the genetic misfit. Alternatively, the driver and other passengers may continually taunt the poor fellow as they make a three hour trip with him crammed in the back.

Section III - The Survival Of The Fittest Rules (a.k.a The b*****d Rules)

1) If the driver so wishes, he/she may institute the Survival Of The Fittest Rules on the process of calling Shotgun. In this case all rules, excepting 1.8, are suspended and the passenger seat is occupied by whoever can take it by force.

2) The driver must announce the institution of the Survival Of The Fittest Rules with reasonable warning to all passengers. This clause reduces the amount of blood lost by passengers and the damage done to the vehicle.

3) Please follow the above rules to the best of your ability. If there are any arguments or exceptions not covered in these rules, please refer to rule 1.8.

Saw this and thought of you all...

Edited by Skoze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so with 2/3rds of the total votes it looks like people are wanting to do a similar route to last year, starting up in Southend and ending up in the South West.

With that sorted we need to dial in the actual locations we all want to hit so thoughts/changes to this rough initial plan please:

Friday 13th - Arrive in Southend, maybe have a little play

Saturday 14th - Ride Southend

Sunday 15th - London

Monday 16th - Portsmouth

Tuesday 17th - Oxford?

Wednesday 18th - Bristol

Thursday 19th - Plymouth

Friday 20th - Mount Hawke Skatepark

Saturday 21st - Truro

Sunday 22nd - Plymouth for an epic beach party/bbq to wrap things up

Very rough, locations can be changed/mixed up a little if preferred (Y)

Having a better idea of the route should allow people to start thinking about driving/organising car shares and lifts/trains etc

• 2 weeks later...

I don't plan on driving this year if possible else I'd offer mate. I quite like the concept of cuddling up with Mr Skoze for those long lonely journeys though...

In other news: Currently in a minibus for the 9th time this week (and will be daily for the rest of June). I wish I could afford to get one for the trip!

I figured, sounds sweet to me. Drop me a line when you're thinking and I shall sort out that roof over your head. Room for a couple of you if there's anyone with you at the time (Y)

If you're definitely game for driving the London > Plymouth legs of the roadtrip I may nab a space in the car if that's cool? Can't really be fecked driving it this year, and I can get more drinking/filming done if I'm not behind the wheel!