24:2010

South because most of the riders were from those ends and really accommodating with houses and stuff, and don't know so many riders up North who would be so generous.... thats only because I've only ever ridden south I suppose.

That's never going to change if you don't ride up here/there...

As a rough suggestion...

2. Wolverhampton (Got some awesome BMXy type stuff there, had a P5 BMX jam there that ruled!)

That place really doesnt get enough appreciation, only ridden there a couple of times but really enjoyed it.

I will hopefully be attending some of it, if not all :)

Edited by Rich Hill

That place really doesnt get enough appreciation, only ridden there a couple of times but really enjoyed it.

I will hopefully be attending some of it, if not all :)

Why go and ride somewhere with a cool mix of things to ride when you can go and sidehop the same few walls in Birmingham instead? :rolleyes: Need to head down there again some time though, same with Coventry too. Plenty of awesome towns to ride in the Midlands that seem to slip under the radar.

Why go and ride somewhere with a cool mix of things to ride when you can go and sidehop the same few walls in Birmingham instead? :rolleyes: Need to head down there again some time though, same with Coventry too. Plenty of awesome towns to ride in the Midlands that seem to slip under the radar.

Exactly mark im from midlands so they stay on my radar im should be in on the tour depending on the bike

Why go and ride somewhere with a cool mix of things to ride when you can go and sidehop the same few walls in Birmingham instead? :rolleyes:

I've only used that as an example - I've never ridden Brum/Leicester etc so don't know what's there I'm just going on what's been mentioned to me, usually with a pinch of salt knowing the "great spots" that 75% of people seem to ride these days :P

I'm happy to do either - hence the vote - majority wins.

Just turn up as and when you like/can. I'll let the poll run a while, then once we roughly know the route the locations/dates for each will be confirmed. From there you just turn up as you would a normal ride (Y)

Last year people made their way to Southend pretty much any time from the Wednesday to the Sunday, with others joining/leaving along the rest of the trip. Basically just get to whichever location you fancy starting at/can find somewhere to crash for, and go from there :)

You need to sort your own transport/accommodation, then it's pretty much a convoy to/from everywhere!

Disclaimer: The 24tour and it's organisers will not be liable for any vehicle-based food-fights that occur, despite the fact they will probably be responsible for starting them again.

Effing tastic! Well up for this. Also prefer the idea of a East-West South coast kinda route; can chuck in some beach-ventures then too :D

Also, I'm gonna be donating £150 worth of Phatworks products (which will be released and confirmed nearer the time) to the winners of certain challenges to be proposed & discussed here. So there's even more incentive to come and have a hilarious time. Luke and I will be judges. :shifty:

Did many people stay in hotels/B&Bs last year? Or was it a camping/trying to chat up locals kinda jobbie?

• Like 1

Did many people stay in hotels/B&Bs last year? Or was it a camping/trying to chat up locals kinda jobbie?

It was a ponce a garden, a floor, a bed if your lucky kinda affair, totally spontaneous, 6 deep in a travel lodge room etc. Can one of the prizes be for the most stacks over the tour :P I would KILL that comp!

Effing tastic! Well up for this. Also prefer the idea of a East-West South coast kinda route; can chuck in some beach-ventures then too :D

Also, I'm gonna be donating £150 worth of Phatworks products (which will be released and confirmed nearer the time) to the winners of certain challenges to be proposed & discussed here. So there's even more incentive to come and have a hilarious time. Luke and I will be judges. :shifty:

Mike you're a hero, great idea!

There have been brief discussions about a big beach & BBQ night for those that make it to the end...

I'm going to drop the days I want off into work tomorrow!

Hopefully I can join on in some way, such a shame that I can't afford a car but can a motorbike, which is a bit useless in this situation. >_<

Anyone know what the first date is where the tour actually moves, or what date it is likely to be? Like the day we ride Southend and then move onto the next place the next day? Its just that getting time off work is a mission and this could save me an extra saturday.

I guess as noone knows me its a bit crap...

Not at all dude, most of us barely knew each other at all/had never met before last year's trip! I'm sure that at least someone will be more than happy to take you up on that if the offer's still going - most people crammedd into a Travelodge last time round! Cheers :P

Ive mentioned it in the other thread, and I guess as noone knows me its a bit crap, but if anyone/everyone wants somewhere to kip in bristol, if I am around then I have a house...

This is one thing i love about trials, random people treat you like a good mate :) Cheers boss (Y)

Absolutely man! That's the thing i've missed most, you can turn up to a ride where you know no-one and within 2 minutes everyone's your mate.

People throwing offers like that out are awesome, i'm sure some of us will take you up on that Rich :)

does anyone know if u have to book train tickets in advance if u plan to takke your bike or can u just rock up at the train station and do it that way?

On my local service you have to book a bike slot as there are only so many available, if you're going any reasonable distance the tickets will be cheaper too.