Just An Idea.

LukasMcNeal

Hey guys,

just an idea ,but basically we pay nothing for the forum.

So how about, we help out a little bit. We pay a small amount for a premium membership and we get to support the site, our own premium member title and our own section. I've seen it on other forums and it seems good.

Just think we should give something/ help tom and danny :)

IIRC Danny and Tom have always said they don't want people to have to pay for TF. And even with the option of paying it creates work sorting all that out and keeping it all up to date. As far as I'm aware the money from the adds just about pays for the running costs of the site so there's no real need.

Yes, but no.

On a Flightsim website I use, they have a thing; if you donate the colour of your name changes to a fluro colour.

It shouldn't be mandatory, but it would be good for members to donate, and somhow their profile/name or whatever is illuminated in some way. (Y)

The forum I use, they have alot of things to run, like multiplayer sever etc, so everymonth they have a quota to fill; which is £200. Which is always filled up every month, by members happily donating. :)

im gna say no

nice to help the guys out, but thats what the sponsors are for!

the money could go towards new software and things to make trials forum better, and tom and danny could ask the members what they want on the forum like a choice of reasonable optional things and do a tally and use the funds they raise to sort someting out or as close as they can :), but it would depend on the price and for how long it would be for to see how many people stll use this.

What's the point of making you pay for a forum, people will just go else where.

The fluro for people who donate sounds good though.

Any mods here, i pm'ed you about a name change a while back, and nothings happened yet :S.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a very good idea. This forum could be so much better if we helped out a bit. To help,donate a little money would be great. I think it would help Tom and Danny improve this website so much more, not that there is anything wrong with it just now.

Nice bump :/

I think this is a very good idea. This forum could be so much better if we helped out a bit. To help,donate a little money would be great. I think it would help Tom and Danny improve this website so much more, not that there is anything wrong with it just now.

Nice bump you retard. :mellow:

member was warned for this post

Edited by tomturd
3 days.