Try-All Hole Flex

Dan S

Hi to all.

After riding my amusing hole rear rim, I understood that it flexes <________________THIS________________> much. I can even push it with my finger and see it flex.

THis is probable because of the inhumane spoke offset.

<y question is: will the onza diamond flex like Tryall too?

Try adding some more tension to your spokes, I am running the 26inch version and have found it to be very good considering it is a single walled rim, and I am not exactly the lightest rider ever :P

I would say that the nza rim would flex just the same, maybe even more......

Adam

Try adding some more tension to your spokes, I am running the 26inch version and have found it to be very good considering it is a single walled rim, and I am not exactly the lightest rider ever :P

I would say that the nza rim would flex just the same, maybe even more......

Adam

My Viz! square hole rim flexes a bit, ut it does sound like you need more spoke tension. I can't see why the onza one would flex more, if anything there is a tiny bit more meat to it so should flex less. Andrei Burton seems to be liking his at the moment.

Hi to all.

After riding my amusing hole rear rim, I understood that it flexes <________________THIS________________> much. I can even push it with my finger and see it flex.

THis is probable because of the inhumane spoke offset.

<y question is: will the onza diamond flex like Tryall too?

I havnt found one rim yet that has a large offset to spokes to be flexy at all.

It will mostly likely be a bad build or make sure your axle hasnt died as this can cause flex as ive had it happen in the past, also make sure your hub bolts are not bottoming out on the axle.

Ive ridden quite a few bikes with the try- all hole rims never been a problem even with rim brake if it was as flexxy as you say it would be impossible to run rim brake

For the onza diamond which i have at the moment its stiff but if your running a rim brake dont bother the side walls are not parallel and you need to wear your pads to the angle of the rim(if your using new type mounts and can't change the angle :P).

Edited by Toby

I have one of these rims and its fine.

Just tighten your spokes or maybe your cones.

(Its not your rim that's causing the problem.)

(Y)

I doubt he would be running an open bearing hub with cones on a try-all rim :P

Is the general consensus to have double walled rims? I want single wall for the weight factor. Or do people just get through single wall like no tomorrow?

Nah they seem fine if you're smooth....if you've ever ran a try-all double wall and haven't flatspotted it, dented it badly or buckled it I reckon you'll be fine on a Singlewall. Once funds increase I want an Onza pro - Diamond.

Nah they seem fine if you're smooth....if you've ever ran a try-all double wall and haven't flatspotted it, dented it badly or buckled it I reckon you'll be fine on a Singlewall. Once funds increase I want an Onza pro - Diamond.

Im pretty smooth untill i go to big for my ability. +1 on the diamond. How light are they!

Damned light, Andrei and Joe Seddon are both rocking them...well impressed so far.

Just remember the side walls dont sit straight so if your running the new type magura mounts which set them selfs straight your pads have to wear at an angle to them, of course if your running a disc is doesnt matter

Currently this is my problem with the onza pro diamond.

Think i will get myself the rockman rear rim next, its a try-all but cheaper :P

Edited by Toby

cool. What would you reccomend up front? Atoms? dob?

If your using a magura i would stay away from the rockman/try-all front, they made them alot narrower at 32mm, i had problems with some koxx forks and these rims basically had the calipers as far in as possible pads half worn tpa wound all the way in and still too much leverage.

Im not one for destroying rims(dont think i ever have) so havnt had to buy many, i don't think you can go much wrong with trial tech/atomz personally i would go for the try-all/rockman if running a disk and if your an ultra wieght weenie get the monty it says its 283g but only 30mm wide :)

EDIT: i lied i killed a dob rear rim :P

Edited by Toby