Yahoo And Google Online ? :s

Cahill Trials Kid

Right if you go to the home page of TF and scroll down it tells you which users are online,

But what ive never understood is why does it say

google and yahoo are online :S

And there not just users names because you cant click on them to see there profile,

Dunno if anyone else have ever noticed but its always made me a little confuzled :D

Right if you go to the home page of TF and scroll down it tells you which users are online,

But what ive never understood is why does it say

google and yahoo are online :S

And there not just users names because you cant click on them to see there profile,

Dunno if anyone else have ever noticed but its always made me a little confuzled :D

They're bots.

I cant remember the correct term, but the search this forum and put the results on google and yahoo

Infact, if you google that sentance in a few hours time, this page will come up.... :o

I cant remember the correct term, but the search this forum and put the results on google and yahoo

Infact, if you google that sentance in a few hours time, this page will come up.... :o

Indexing. (Y)

Yeah. You have to watch out what you write on here.

If you've ever put your full name on here, chances are if you google it, it will link to T-F.

Then your mum will see all the naughty comments and bullying you do to fellow forums peeps!

Edited by Mr Motivator

You'd be amazed how much data Google holds. If you're logged into a session in any google product, (Gmail etc), they log every search you make and it's stored linked to your account, so they know every search that has ever been made from that account. They also log the IPs you've used, and use that to log your rough location...

If you're not logged in, they only have your IP and location. But say if you search for some dirty illegal pictures on Google image and you're logged into Gmail, they will then know the search terms, which pictures you then used, what time, where you were when you did it, and because of your Gmail account, they know your address, name, phone numbers and all the rest.

If you ask me this is a good thing, it will help to catch peadophiles and terrorists and other such villains, but it makes you wonder just how far the Big Brother thing has already taken effect. The main reason for doing this though is to track how people use Google and see how trends in what people are searching for change and that kinda thing. I'd like to have a search history personally, because I often search and find something, but can never find it again.