Kurt Brain

manuel

Apart from the odd moment of sideways camera motion (00:54-01:02 which im sure that shot was not easy to keep the camera steady), that was mint. (Y) Great to see kurt ripping up that course even though it is still a damn shame that he quit trials.

Edited by Rusevelt

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. liked the feel of the video too.

random fact as he drank from that green can of relentless at the start I was doing the exact same thing and drinking green relentless! odd.

How could you tell that was green Relentless haha, just went back to look and it was blurred.

Everything in slow mo was a let down for me.

Similar thoughts here; the slow mo seemed to dumb down the riding a lot, which really showed in the odd clip at full speed when you could really see how fast he was going at it. Cool stuff nontheless :) I still don't get those HammerSchmidt cranks/drive, but they definitely look pretty.

Rich

Similar thoughts here; the slow mo seemed to dumb down the riding a lot, which really showed in the odd clip at full speed when you could really see how fast he was going at it. Cool stuff nontheless :) I still don't get those HammerSchmidt cranks/drive, but they definitely look pretty.Rich

I'm pretty sure it's a miniaturised version of a Rohloff, a small plantetry gear set up. Very neat, not overly light at the moment, but certainly a good idea.

Comparing similar suspension designs and saying they're the same really isn't a good idea, there are only so many effective and efficient suspension designs so designers are limited by this. It does look like the Orange, with looks like a Commencal, but i'm sure they all ride differently and have their own traits. I mean the Giant Maestro linkage is similar to the DW linkage on Ironhorse bikes, which is similar to the VPP set up used by Santa Cruz and Intense; having ridden a few Iron Horse Sundays and owned a few VPP bikes and a Giant Glory i can safely say the subtle differences between them in pivot placement make a world of differences, even though they all look very similar and work on the same basic premise.