Why Do You Boys Do It To Your Self?

guys magura spent big money on hs33 ,and there is a good reson why there is royle blood in them.. yes water is great fast strong but and this is a BIG BUT it kills your brake . i have just spent over a hour trying to fix a brake that was run on water spring was rusted seal were not looking that good.

what eles have you guys used to make, i have heard that riders have used.....

baby oil,

wd40 ,

anti freaze

feel free to add to this list please.

not sure if the difference was as big for others, but id rather buy a new magura each year and keep a water bleed than go back to royal blood!

not only has a more responsive brake no doubt saved my ass a number of times, the boost to my confidence and enjoyment in riding as a result is well worth it....along with the amount of people who havent had any problems with it in the first place, and the ability to quickly and easily get a perfect bleed, i cant see why id ever go back

the spring is in side the piston can a sure you it was rusted to hell,

It can only rust in the presence of water and air. If the spring was rusted it's been badly bled or has been sitting for ages unused in a partly filled state.

I've also been using pure (tap) water for about 7 years with no problems at all.

I've been using water bled maggies for 2 years now without a problem. I use tap water and anti-freeze/engine coolant. Haven't had any problems with seals yet, and the coolant has lube in it to keep all internal moving parts working well. I know George uses de-ironised water and anti-freeze to bleed his, might be worth a try if your really bothered about it :)

General preference really , i like the feeling of the lever a lot better with water than with oil feels a lot less spongy and lighter on the hand, so i use water even if i know that that kills my brake.

I had a water bled maggie which started leaking at the lever. Gone back to blood, and while the lever did feel nicer across its full stroke with water, I tend to hold the lever 'just off lock' anyway, so don't really notice the improvement when actually riding.

Water doesn't ruin your brake!

*Awaits full theory on waterbleeds, by Onzaboymark.

I have absolutely no interest in explaining it. No matter how much you point how good waterbleeds and so on are, people seem to love making up things to suggest why they apparently don't work (in ways that normal, mineral oil bled Maguras often fail too). So yeah - if people don't want to run a water bleed then cool. If they do, then that's cool - it works well and has a significantly better lever feel.

Oh, but it does rape your warranty. Just gotta add that in :P

It can only rust in the presence of water and air. If the spring was rusted it's been badly bled or has been sitting for ages unused in a partly filled state.

I've also been using pure (tap) water for about 7 years with no problems at all.

Truth :)

epic-facepalm-when-you-just-know-you-messed-up-demotivational-poster-1253705267.jpg

:rolleyes:

To each their own, I run water and I realise that if I remember to keep the seals lubed and serviced, it's gonna last long enough to justify spending a few quid on the lube, and saving a lot more on royal blood.

If it bothers you that much, run royal blood and let us run water? :rolleyes:

Edited by PeanuckleJive

epic-facepalm-when-you-just-know-you-messed-up-demotivational-poster-1253705267.jpg

If it bothers you that much, run royal blood and let us run water? :rolleyes:

you sir are very cheeky.

2nd time you been rude to me, i am sure you would not be as funny in real life..................

if rides like running water so be it but i have been riding a lot longer then you , been working with bike longer then you have been a live. i use to deal with magura on a weekly bases and i did talk to them about running water and the amout of probs due water being used was unreal.

as the brake that i am building up is parts from old ill try the coolet to see if that works.

I've never bled my maggies, even my old blue mountains I had in 99 still work great and I bought them off a mate 2nd hand!

May give em a bleed and if they're lucky some new fluid when they go back on my old skool rig and see if I can tell the difference!

you sir are very cheeky.

2nd time you been rude to me, i am sure you would not be as funny in real life..................

if rides like running water so be it but i have been riding a lot longer then you , been working with bike longer then you have been a live. i use to deal with magura on a weekly bases and i did talk to them about running water and the amout of probs due water being used was unreal.

as the brake that i am building up is parts from old ill try the coolet to see if that works.

It's a forum dude, take a joke :lol:

There are a lot of people with a sense of humour far more dry than that too

Having read the first post, I have no idea how you managed to get the springs in the brake to rust. That's basically impossible.

Yea, but don't forget the guy is older than us, and has been riding longer than we've been 'a live' so he must know more.

Sorry to be a nauze guys, what are the benefits of having a water bled HS33?

I've never had one, as far as I'm aware :ermm:

It's all about the lever feel, it's lighter and more responsive. It's also free assuming you don't get magic rusty springs.