Read the guidelines -For Sale

rikstvr

Whether or not it says anything about it, having been here for a fair little while longer than you I can safely say that pics in sigs get removed. The bit you've pointed out in the signature page is probably a leftover of the forum upgrade a while ago or the crash late last week. Thanks for pointing it out (Y)

Pics in sigs are massively irritating, and they increase page load times for everyone - what's the point?

Hey, I'm happy to remove it on request for the sake of not causing trouble, BUT, if its part of the rules, it needs to be put in the rules clearly. I did check, quite a few times, to make sure it was ok. And on the topic of page load times, its 88.43 Kb, unless your on a 56k modem, it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

The forum has just had a massive crash and had to be reset, so things are a bit of a mess at the moment. It definately is a rule and has been since before I joined. :P

Hey, I'm happy to remove it on request for the sake of not causing trouble, BUT, if its part of the rules, it needs to be put in the rules clearly. I did check, quite a few times, to make sure it was ok. And on the topic of page load times, its 88.43 Kb, unless your on a 56k modem, it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

You're totally right. Like Muel says though, it definitely is a rule.

Yea, your one is 88.43kb, that's right. If you display 20 posts per page and everyone has a sig of that size it's adding an extra 1.7mb ish to every page load. Not only is this annoying it's totally unnecessary. On top of that, if you get that page viewed by 100 people in a day then that's 170mb extra bandwidth on the server. That's one page, for one day. It's very easy then to imagine that the monthly bandwidth use could increase by gigabytes in no time. When a forum is run for free and relies on the small amount of advertising on it, it is foolish to expect the owners to want to fund your fuzzy 'cool' pic.

EDIT: Nicely done on removing it (Y)

EDIT2: You actually also get a validation vote from me, because you've clearly read the rules and string your sentences together right.

Edited by JD™

Hey, I'm not arguing, its removed.

Lol, I try and help by pointing out the rules to someone who obviously hasn't read them or is blatantly disregarding them, and I get flamed down for breaking a rule thats not even in the rules... I feel like i fail some how, lol!

EDIT - Thanks for the vote JD, much apreciated. Its actually really hard to type at mo as I spilt tea in my keyboard last night, and its going heywire!

Edited by Twista

Hey, I'm not arguing, its removed.

Lol, I try and help by pointing out the rules to someone who obviously hasn't read them or is blatantly disregarding them, and I get flamed down for breaking a rule thats not even in the rules...

Why not read the edits that were there before you wrote that reply?

No-one said your original post wasn't helpful to the guy who, as you said, is totally disregarding them. So why not just be happy that you've sorted that, as well as pointing out an error in the rules to the moderating team? The report I sent for you wont be actioned because you're no longer displaying an image in your sig. You're one step closer to being a full member so smile.

Why not read the edits that were there before you wrote that reply?

No-one said your original post wasn't helpful to the guy who, as you said, is totally disregarding them. So why not just be happy that you've sorted that, as well as pointing out an error in the rules to the moderating team? The report I sent for you wont be actioned because you're no longer displaying an image in your sig. You're one step closer to being a full member so smile.

Sorry dude, I did read them, and put an edit in mine! That wasn't me bitching, it was meant to be humourous... think I'm having a bad day :P