---

Akira_Shock!

Want one? There's one left in a shop in China, around 90 pounds.

I have to say, when I first saw this frame in mid '05, I liked the new concept headtube .. despite the Deng-haters bashing on it being a total copy of the XTP headtube (when I bet if a more forum-friendly brand like Inspired or TTech did this, people wouldn't fuss... like the TTech vs Viz forks). The Kobike frame kinda 'stole the thunder' of the 20" Team from the same year as the Hifi. But I do like that this frame stands as the sole 26" with this type of headtube and exclusive-to-itself booster design. Some hate its looks, but personally, it's grown on me.

If anyone seriously wants it, then I can nab one and bring it back with me.

What's all the hatin' on the geo?... The 08 Typhoon has the EXACT same geo, yet Damon had nothing to fuss about? Nor do any others? I have a feeling it's that the bar/stem combo is very sensitive. I normally like high BB bikes, but some I've ridden ... I can't even hop on the back wheel without feeling twitchy and spastic because the owner was a bit of a twit and bunged on a bar/stem combo that looks like it was meant for a Cresecent Illions.

Haha, heard that a lot already!

Ali, isn't there a post on OTN of you saying once that the Hifi is *so amazing* to ride? Going into great length about how great it is for X move and Y move.

How does this frame compare to the other 2006 high BB frames? like the Pitbull 06, Adamants, Typhoons, and Czar Ivan?

Haha, heard that a lot already!

Ali, isn't there a post on OTN of you saying once that the Hifi is *so amazing* to ride? Going into great length about how great it is for X move and Y move.

How does this frame compare to the other 2006 high BB frames? like the Pitbull 06, Adamants, Typhoons, and Czar Ivan?

Felt similar to the a1 long high bb...didn't think it was that similar to the GU for some reason though?

Blatantly bar and stem combo define it though....

I still find it weird how so many riders are hating on the Hifi so much... when the geometry is near identical to so many of the modern stocks these days.

I've been looking on Tarty and found a handful of frames with similar geometry. Most of them identical but with a TINY TINY bit longer WB (5 or 10mm) and stays that are only 5mm longer.

The blue LE is +60 and has 375mm stays.. why does no one say how shit that frame is? 5 years on and Deng still chooses 375mm stays on all his high BB bikes... like the Typhoon 08, LE '10, etc.. Can't be that bad?

and also.. what is the ideal stem LENGTH for a high BB bike? I am gonna go for 35 or 30 degree, but not sure on length..... It ranges from 120 to 150... what's the best ?

I still find it weird how so many riders are hating on the Hifi so much... when the geometry is near identical to so many of the modern stocks these days.

If your going to defend it that much you may as well get it and find out for yourself then.... no point asking what people think and then not listening to their 1st hand experiences. I have never rode a Hi-Fi and thought to myself, I would want one of these.

If your going to defend it that much you may as well get it and find out for yourself then.... no point asking what people think and then not listening to their 1st hand experiences. I have never rode a Hi-Fi and thought to myself, I would want one of these.

Truth....

You seem to be out on a mission to get one...so try it :) They're hardly the worst bikes out there after all.

125 x 25 with stackers maybe?