Onza Rip/hitman/bird

I'm possibly going to test out a few bikes at the weekend, including the aforementioned Onza Rip, Onza Bird and Onza Hitman, as I can't decide whether I want to ride 20" or 26", but before I went I wanted to know if any of the bikes are of a decent build, and will they be suitable for a trials beginner (I literally have never put foot to pedal on a trials bike, I've ridden mountain bike a fair bit a while ago, then moved onto a bmx which I've rode for the past few years).

I was also fair interested in the Diamondback Tekiya, but was put off a bit after reading reviews that a few of them had snapped, can anyone confirm/deny this?

Sorry if it's in the wrong place/already been asked, this is my first topic :)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Haha, one of the main reasons I joined was trials-forum has barriers against illiterate monkeys

Do you own an Onza? I've heard the Onza Hitman is fairly heavy compared to most 26"s and want some further advice on that as I think I'm going to go the 26" road..

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Haha, one of the main reasons I joined was trials-forum has barriers against illiterate monkeys

Do you own an Onza? I've heard the Onza Hitman is fairly heavy compared to most 26"s and want some further advice on that as I think I'm going to go the 26" road..

Yeh onza hitman's are pretty heavy, to be honest i wouldn't get one ;)

You searched on ebay? Nothing wrong with getting a second hand bike, alot cheaper and usually upgraded to make nicer feel to the ride.

By the way, iv'e submitted validation vote for you. (Y)

Argh! I've looked at so many bikes, only to find problems with them later on from a review or another rider haha.

Yeah, I've skimmed eBay, I wanted to get a second hand one in the first place, but I don't really know what I'm looking for, so it failed after a while lol, I think I'm gonna go 26", any decent starter bikes that are relatively cheap? :P

Thanks for the reply and the vote :)

Argh! I've looked at so many bikes, only to find problems with them later on from a review or another rider haha.

Yeah, I've skimmed eBay, I wanted to get a second hand one in the first place, but I don't really know what I'm looking for, so it failed after a while lol, I think I'm gonna go 26", any decent starter bikes that are relatively cheap? :P

Thanks for the reply and the vote :)

Have another vote from me.

Anything with the name, Onza, Zoo, Monty, Echo, Czar, Adamant, King, Hope, Try-all, Koxx.

Some of the main brands there for you.

Is there anywhere else aside from eBay? I've looked at Pinkbike, but my internet was going extremely slow, I'll check again to see if it's gotten any better.

I've got about £250, but I could save up, I don't really want to spend £500+ on a bike, and then not really like trial biking, and be stuck with it, so I'll almost definitely go second-hand.

@Jamie_Trials, you said the Hitman was pretty heavy, what will this actually change in the performance of the bike? Because I liked it until you said that haha, just want to know if the bike being a bit heavier will have a large impact on my riding?

Thanks for the votes people :)

Ebay is probs the best place to get a bargain. You should ride both kinds of bike though, first just so it gives you a feel for them, you never know, you might prefer mod over stock! Don't worry about weight, it's probably better to learn on a heavier bike as once you change/upgrade to a lighter bike it'll make your riding better and probably be much stronger meaning you won't break as much stuff (first bike)!

Submitted a valadation vote for you and hey presto, it must have been number 5 as you're now validated! You should have a gander around the for sale section once you have decided what type of bike you want to get as there are often quite a few bargains (Y) Enjoy the forum!

Edited by BlueSmokeyJoe

Is it just jump length/height that a heavy bike restricts then? I've been lookin' at a Zoo Pitbull 26" (older model, doesn't look as flash as the ones on selectbikes, etc.. and it's grips have no ends, so I'm guessin' it's pretty old), which I've heard is also a bit heavy, but if the only difference weight makes is jump length and height, I'm not really bothered for my first bike.

The eBay link - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/zoo-pitbull-26-pedal-trials-bike-/230471611170?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item35a92db322#ht_500wt_975

If anyone could take a look, and give me an estimate of what it would go to, or how much to pay for it without getting ripped off, I'd really appreciate it :)

Don't steal! :P

Thanks for the vote, and I'll be sure to check it out, cheers :)