Tensile 60Click Freewheel

Brooky

Well my freewheel gave up today, started skipping quite abit. ive had the bike about a year and was planning to sell it on soon as im building up a Gu st.

Is it worth stripping the freewheel down and replacing bits or just getting a new'n?

Any advise would be great.

Cheers Tom

you can get a new 60 click for 30 quid if 1 pawl is gone the rest wont be far behind them and with 6 pawls at 4 quid each = 24 quid and thats not counting any springs/ bearings that may need replaced. Take it apart have a look, as said above take it apart and give it a good clean it could just be minging inside.

cheers for the replies, ill get the tool to remove it, strip it down and have peek.

I guess one or the two the bearings are nakered as its abit wonky now, will check the ratchet and pawls aswell

I have had the same problem twice.. After I had repaired it, the lockring kept coming off. So I just saved up for a White Industries. Money well spent in my opinion. Still working soundly, even after 14 months.

Guus

Edited by Guus Bouwmans

well i got it stripped down today and found 4 of the 6 springs snapped, all bar one palws are slightly worn.

So i think ill buy a whole new free wheel as it comes to over £40 for all new springs pawls and bearings

Cheers for the help guys