Portal - Free

JT!

Portal

I've never played it but always wanted to. Praying that my graphics card is up to scratch.

Likewise, fortunately my gtx260 and 4 ghz core i3 manages to play it at 1600x1200 @ 200fps :D

Already finished the main game, not laughed so much at a game before, well worth it; now working through some of the thousands of 3rd party maps,

Seriously if your graphics card can run halflife2 it can run portal - basically anything beyond a 7 year old radeon 9800 should be more than playable.

Why is this a Sticky?

I guess because one of the mods or admin are awesome.

"Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out"

It runs pretty well on my budget one year old laptop. :)

Hope mine does too. Budget dell laptop. Has 3gb of ram though so fingers crossed.

Its based on a 6 year old game engine, any recent pc will run it fine as long as you have some modicum of a 3d accelerator :)

The song on the end credits is awesome :D

I guess because one of the mods or admin are awesome.

"Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out"

It runs pretty well on my budget one year old laptop. :)

:$

I accidentally clicked the sticky button at first but once i realised i igured it wouldn't hurt for this to be stickied until the 25th. It's a good game and everyone likes free stuff so i didn't think anyone would complain.

Full graphics for me too. 1920x1080 with AA at full and all the settings.

Overclocked GTX295 though :lol:

I found the game quite easy, including the 6 advanced maps. The Challange maps however, are quite hard. Particularly the "least steps" challanges. I just cant do them to save my life.

Check this out. Stage 14 in 3 seconds!

Ive managed to replicate the move, but the best i could do was 6 seconds. Damn this guys good.

Im five minutes into the game and already bored I can't get across the gap. The most fun I've had is shooting the cameras off the wall and that womans voice is so irritating.

You need to think laterally, the main storyline is actually really easy, very few challenging bits to it, some of the 3rd party maps on the other hand :D

I'm stuck on the last boss, last eye thing. It's just suspended in mid air, tried falling from a portal way up high and grabbing it on the way down but not having much luck. Am I doing it right?

I'm stuck on the last boss, last eye thing. It's just suspended in mid air, tried falling from a portal way up high and grabbing it on the way down but not having much luck. Am I doing it right?

Yes.

You have to make a portal on the floor level and then one up high and jump through it, grabbing it while you fall.

Its a bit tricky and it took me a couple of tries the first time, but you are doing it right.

How far are you guys through the bonus maps?

Ive done all the advanced maps and im 52% through the challange maps.

Make that 70%

80% (Finding it really hard to progress any further now)

100% ^_^

Edited by Clawz114