Try To Help People

superjay

ok first so maybe the title and description should be the other way round i don't know but to the point now.

when you ride do you try and get the kids into it?

where i live all the parents are alcoholics and drug addicts, and the kids are little shits if im honest but when i ride they listen to me. I just want the kids to see there is more to life then what there parents show them and they can do what they want if they put there mind to it. I'm not saying im a good rider cause im really crap but they think im soooo good.There parents hate me though so what would you do leave the kids let them turn out like there parents or try to help if you can?

I got to admit have the kids round here are not as bad as they was.

ok first so maybe the title and description should be the other way round i don't know but to the point now.

when you ride do you try and get the kids into it?

where i live all the parents are alcoholics and drug addicts, and the kids are little shits if im honest but when i ride they listen to me. I just want the kids to see there is more to life then what there parents show them and they can do what they want if they put there mind to it. I'm not saying im a good rider cause im really crap but they think im soooo good.There parents hate me though so what would you do leave the kids let them turn out like there parents or try to help if you can?

I got to admit have the kids round here are not as bad as they was.

If you can inspire them with bike trials then do it mate, it would be terrible watching them in a downwards spiral when you could have helped. maybe one day you can look back and say to your self 'I made a difference '

Hi,

I think that this country could be a better place if everyone tried to help each other, especially the kids. But most people are scared to try in case they are attacked, physically or verbally.

Now reading that back I sound like a "high horse do gooder" :sick: , but I have seen how much a bit of time can make a difference. I don't think I am brave enough to do this cold but I found a project and offered my help, and had my hand snatched off.

I help out at our local school, working with kids that find the academic lessons difficult. They come to us for one afternoon a week and we fix up bikes that have been donated or rescued from the tip. Once the bikes are fixed they get passed on to social services for family's that can't afford bikes.

The kids love it as they are learning to fix bikes and take these skills home and fix there own bikes, also when we get letters of thanks from some of the people that receive the bikes it makes their day.

I have since been approached about helping out some other young people in Hull, setting up a small business to get them some life experience.

Go on help out however you can B)

Tim