Avid Bb7 Piston Problemm

Maxie_Monty

Basically ive bought a BB7 of a lad who hasnt obviously kept it in the best of conditions... <_< , one of the pistons that push the pads together is sort of hanging out of the ring that its meant to fit into.

Ive took the pads of because the rotor was rubbing on the caliper.

Any ideas on how to get this back into placee please??

which side is hanging out?

I have had this before, it is not a problem it just means that it has been unscrewed too far. Push it back in with a screw driver while turning the pad adjust dial until you get some of the thread back in the 'piston'

I think I had this, I didn't follow the destructions and set the caliper so the rotor was central instead of left of center (away from the spokes), did an up 2 front and it blow up.

I think this is what has happened to yours.

The topic might still live, i'll go have look.

Back in a mo.

EDIT: Gotcha!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=141974&st=0&p=1982682&fromsearch=1&#entry1982682

and i 'popped it back in' with a bloody big hammer and gaz behind it BTW (he's the one talking shit at the bottom of the page)

Edited by CC12345678910

I think I had this, I didn't follow the destructions and set the caliper so the rotor was central instead of left of center (away from the spokes), did an up 2 front and it blow up.

I think this is what has happened to yours.

The topic might still live, i'll go have look.

Back in a mo.

EDIT: Gotcha!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=141974&st=0&p=1982682&fromsearch=1&#entry1982682

and i 'popped it back in' with a bloody big hammer and gaz behind it BTW (he's the one talking shit at the bottom of the page)

shut up, you said you looked at it for ages before you went to bed when i come round and it took me 10 mins to find what was wrong and fix it for you :giggle: