Bottem Bracket Advice

staryarm69

im ridin a gu typhoon with externel bb which is mackin my chain line bad wud usin a normel bb help this. its front freewheel and i had to grind the bearin cup just to run the front freewheel as it rubbed on the cup. also which wud u recomend the onza trialtec race or the because all isis and i have echo cranks. any advice wud help thanks

The Onza BB would probably be a safe, affordable bet. You shouldn't need to grind anything to get your setup to work with that BB 'cos the spindle's longer, and the bearings being inboard mean they take up less room on the spindle anyway.

most of your post was just laziness. How much longer does it take to add an extra letter to finish off a word? I hate it when people cut corners and make other people take longer to figure something out (like read your post).

here we go with the grammer nazis sorry for bein dislacsic n gettin a few thing wrong. thanks mark il go with that one then cheers

Here we go with the grammar Nazis. Sorry for being dyslexic and getting a few things wrong. Thanks Mark I'll go with that one then. Cheers.

Spell check for the win.

most of your post was just laziness. How much longer does it take to add an extra letter to finish off a word? I hate it when people cut corners and make other people take longer to figure something out (like read your post).

sorry i didnt know dislacis was another word for lazy take it uv nothin better to do. if u carnt read my post click of them.

Spell check for the win.

my bad for forgettin to use it.

Ive got dispracisa and dislexia and yet i manage to do fine. Please stop using it as an excuse. (spelling I dunno if its right)

im not using it as an excuse iv already said not using a spell checker was my bad but its a disabilty is not lazyness.

If you have dyslexia then it's obviously fair enough if you're not getting stuff like 'normal' and 'recommend' right, but things like...

wud u

...don't really seem like they're the result of dyslexia, in that it's just txt-speak rather than trying to type it out properly. That's all Ali was saying, rather than trying to make any kind of statement about dyslexia...

must be pretty bad if you can't spell "you have" and making you forget letters off the end of words.

dislexcia is a spelling thing so yes it does effect SPELLING and you make mistakes too. iv already said it was my mistake for not using a spell checker but there is no need for you some one who knows nothing about the disability to come on here the way you have. you have not passed on any advice just come to try and pull some one down.

If you have dyslexia then it's obviously fair enough if you're not getting stuff like 'normal' and 'recommend' right, but things like...

...don't really seem like they're the result of dyslexia, in that it's just txt-speak rather than trying to type it out properly. That's all Ali was saying, rather than trying to make any kind of statement about dyslexia...

yes that is my mistake its just an easyer why for me to spell it and a bad habit from usin my phone. just feel that some people go a little over board it only takes some one to say dont forget to spell check and no need for some people to go on the way they do.

you're still doing it :closedeyes:

:lol:

i no i shouldnt laugh though :$

yes that is my mistake its just an easyer why for me to spell it and a bad habit from usin my phone. just feel that some people go a little over board it only takes some one to say dont forget to spell check and no need for some people to go on the way they do.

i agree

i think this is the only site that spelling actualy matters

it dont on facebook, msn, on youre mobile etc etc

but i still make the effort to try and spell correctly ;)

Edited by stunt man t

It just makes you sound like a retard if everything you write is written in text talk. No one wants 100% perfect English, but a bit of effort helps things along.

Also if and when any of y'all get jobs, they won't want you sounding like an illiterate spacker on the computer to clients and that so you may as well keep up decent typing then it becomes a habit and isnt any effort at all.

Girls, let's all just chill out. I understand that it's annoying as hell when people txt-talk and don't even take an extra 5 seconds to go voer what they said and correct their spelling and grammar... and they are to blame. But, .. This is after all, an internet forum.

To keep things reasonably on-topic, I'd like to interject and ask Mark, or anyone else for that matter:

Is having that rather short (by today's standards) 113mm ISIS BB on your Lynx giving you a totally straight chainline, even with a wide freewheel taking up space? Also, is a 113mm BB placing your cranks dangerously close to your chainstays, per chance?

I ask as I'm planning to run a MTB-type ISIS BB on my Flatland bike. I'm trying to figure out the right BB length I need to get a straight chain.

Edited by Sponge