Heatsink Coust

matthew_coggan

I recently bought some Heatsink Coust pads and have rode with them for about one and a half hours and the performence is still poor, how long do they take to bed in?

My set up.

Zona zip frame

Maggy 08 water bleed

Heatsink Coust

Try-All Reinforced Drilled 19 rim

Light grind

As said earlier, just check that they are perfectly square. You might need to do a fresh grind or 2 to get them going good. I've found they take longer to bed in with heatsink backings than when you buy them re-done from the cousts themselves in plastic backings.

But don't worry, once they're going good, they're the best!

As the above posts have stated, get the pads as perfectly aligned with the rim sidewall as you can (checkout tartybikes set-up video), not an easy task but well worth the effort to get the best performance out of these pads. Give your wheels a quick spin and listen to the sound your brake makes when you pump/snatch the brake lever. You should ideally hear a high pitched 'honk' sound instead of a silent 'scuff' or rub sound. Steve@heatink, usually rubs off the shiny surface on the pads after fitting to help speed up the bedding process, so if you noticed the pads having a smooth shiny surface prior to fitting, it will take a bit more bedding time.