Magura Lever

crispyboy

I have seen quite few people already do that. Have you seen Vince's :giggle: Proper bodge or at least looks like it in the video! I just filed down the angle and made the place where the lever bottoms out, a bit rounder. I don't know much about engineering but that supposed to increase flex in that part of the lever body so it does not snap. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen quite few people already do that. Have you seen Vince's giggle.gif Proper bodge or at least looks like it in the video! I just filed down the angle and made the place where the lever bottoms out, a bit rounder. I don't know much about engineering but that supposed to increase flex in that part of the lever body so it does not snap. Correct me if I am wrong.

is this a new video of him?

do you have a linky?

Polish the surface back more - the reason for it cracking was down to there being a sharp edge in the path of the stress carried by the lever, causing the stress right at the corner to be a lot higher than the stress in the rest of the lever, creating a point from which a crack can grow. You've now added a whole pile of sharp edges to the same location, so you've probably not solved the problem.

Best thing to do is file it as smooth as you can and then go over it with progressively finer grades of sandpaper. If you do this carefully you'll get near mirror surfaces and smooth surfaces don't have anywhere for cracks to grow from.

hmm my apologies,

won't the flex will only delay wear?

also leaving the master cylinder plunger thing exposed to crud an knacker it that way?

if this has been tried an tested by anyone let me know how it goes, are there similar mods that could be done to pre '05 magura levers?

if this has been tried an tested by anyone let me know how it goes, are there similar mods that could be done to pre '05 magura levers?

It works fine, can fix an already cracked lever and doesn't cause any further problems.

There wasn't any real weak point due to crap design on the pre '05 levers so there's no need for a mod.