How To Do This Technique?

dannytrialskid

Hi,

Just a Suggestion : Before I get into the main purpose of this Topic I would like to say that Trials-Forum should have a Tutorials Section. I think this would come in handy, loads!

Anyways back to the main purpose of the topic.

I would like to know how to do this technique and how it benefits the rider?

http://tartybikes.co.uk/media.php?group=videos&id=50

The link above is a video of Tom Rankin in Chelmsford.

If you go to 40 seconds into the video you will see that whilst in mid-air he taps the front wheel on the box then goes to rear. (Watch the clip to understand fully.)

Any ideas on how you do this?

EDIT:

Also what do you call this move exactly?

Thanks,

Danny.

Edited by dannytrialskid
  • Like 1

The 'Frenchie'

Benefits the rider:

Obviously as you travel forwards, your front wheel comes first. By bonking the front wheel onto, you get a bounce from the front tyre (due to rapid compression and expansion as the angle made changes from steep to shallow [as the move progresses, look at it in slow mo] ). This bounce gives a small height gain, enough to be able to roll the back wheel onto the ledge, or into the corner with enough speed to roll ontop.

How to do it:

Mostly just do a gap to front without the brakes on, but as soon as the front wheel lands throw it forwards and sit back + tucked. Easiest to learn on a gentle slab with a low gap in between (A ramp on the floor is pretty awkward)

I expect this will be expanded further on....

stop f**king bitching if you want to make one feel free, or look on trashzen (sp?) jeeeezus

I guessing that's directed at me, how exactly?

What do you mean by make one feel free?

And (sp)?

The 'Frenchie'

Benefits the rider:

Obviously as you travel forwards, your front wheel comes first. By bonking the front wheel onto, you get a bounce from the front tyre (due to rapid compression and expansion as the angle made changes from steep to shallow [as the move progresses, look at it in slow mo] ). This bounce gives a small height gain, enough to be able to roll the back wheel onto the ledge, or into the corner with enough speed to roll ontop.

How to do it:

Mostly just do a gap to front without the brakes on, but as soon as the front wheel lands throw it forwards and sit back + tucked. Easiest to learn on a gentle slab with a low gap in between (A ramp on the floor is pretty awkward)

I expect this will be expanded further on....

Thanks.

People have different names for shit but alot of people call it a 'Frenchie' as the French were the first to use it/be good at it.

Learn up to fronts, then find a wall/rock with a sloping edge you can up to front and instead of locking the brake, you tap the front wheel into the slope and roll up for a split second before swapping to rear.

Its a knack you learn over time.

People have different names for shit but alot of people call it a 'Frenchie' as the French were the first to use it/be good at it.

Learn up to fronts, then find a wall/rock with a sloping edge you can up to front and instead of locking the brake, you tap the front wheel into the slope and roll up for a split second before swapping to rear.

Its a knack you learn over time.

Thanks, I will practice it loads.

Looks real good when done properly =]

Frenchie, and if you want to make tutorials feel free

Was just a suggestion... but I might do!

Edited by dannytrialskid