Anyone Had Appendicitis Before?

PaRtZ

Basically my lower right abs have been hurting since I woke up this morning. At first I thought it was because I needed to p*ss, but that didnt help. Further excrement didnt help too.

Then I thought it was trapped wind and granted Ive not farted well yet, but I dont feel any farts coming. Its also definitly localised to my lower right...

So basically Im a bit worried - 2 exams in the next two days, and a few other comittments biking + climbing related in the weeks to come... Should I go get it checked out? (after my exams...)

Thanks guys....

f**k waiting till after your exams, get it checked now. If it does happen to be appendicitis you don't wanna be leaving it too long...

EDIT: By now I mean as soon as you can. Like if you've got an exam in the morning get yourself an appointment for the afternoon or vice versa.

Edited by JDâ„¢

f**k waiting till after your exams, get it checked now. If it does happen to be appendicitis you don't wanna be leaving it too long...

EDIT: By now I mean as soon as you can. Like if you've got an exam in the morning get yourself an appointment for the afternoon or vice versa.

its literally thursday afternoon I want to leave it till, and if I just miss this thursday morning exam its pretty much a massive chunk of easy marks for my degree gone :(

Been riding/climbing recently and pulled a muscle?

I dont think so, unless I pulled it in my sleep? its got a very similar feeling to a pulled muscle though to be honest

I'm reckoning that having a potentially explosive appendix removed would be a good enough reason to get some compassion for an exam board, but then I never went to uni so I wouldn't know.

Check out the first paragraph. Mortality rate is high - what good will your degree be then?!

Chances are it's nothing to worry about, but personally I'd be down the docs, can always take revision material with you...

Basically my lower right abs have been hurting since I woke up this morning. At first I thought it was because I needed to p*ss, but that didnt help. Further excrement didnt help too.

Then I thought it was trapped wind and granted Ive not farted well yet, but I dont feel any farts coming. Its also definitly localised to my lower right...

So basically Im a bit worried - 2 exams in the next two days, and a few other comittments biking + climbing related in the weeks to come... Should I go get it checked out? (after my exams...)

Thanks guys....

The symptoms sound similar to what I had. At first I thought I needed a huge fart but that didn't work. The doctor said it could have been trapped wind and I was given a course on antibiotics. But as the days progressed the course of medication didn’t work. Eventually I was emitted to hospital. They said it could have been trapped wind but then finally decided to remove my appendicts out and turned out to be the right decision. I hadn't done anything strenuous before I had these symptoms.

Personally I would definitely go and see the doctor about this.

is this trials-forum or NHS direct forum???

Trials-forum, We're not all dicks 100% of the time and sometimes if people have a question they like to ask it in a place they're familiar with because they trust most people have the decency to sympathise with it and give some good words of advice, as seen already (Y)

Trials-forum, We're not all dicks 100% of the time and sometimes if people have a question they like to ask it in a place they're familiar with because they trust most people have the decency to sympathise with it and give some good words of advice, as seen already (Y)

Soo basically you're saying he trusts the members on trials-forum more than his doctor, i know which i'd go to first!!

Soo basically you're saying he trusts the members on trials-forum more than his doctor, i know which i'd go to first!!

At what point did anyone say that? He's been advised by a few people to go see a doc, but he just asked here because no-one likes to go to the docs unless it's needed eh?

At what point did anyone say that? He's been advised by a few people to go see a doc, but he just asked here because no-one likes to go to the docs unless it's needed eh?

(Y)

I asked a question if anyones had it, people have said no yes and suggested what theyd do. included in what theyd do is the doctors. I definitly hate going to the doctors as they just seem to waste my time in every other case Ive been

Thanks for the replies though, I will go to the doctors after my exams, but ill go sooner if it gets dramatically worse.... I atleast want to attend tomorrows

Gotta add, I have to agree with the people who said go as soon as you can, I'd say go tomorrow after the exam, since it's probably too late now to go today

My ex had apendicitis recently (Not that she realised it was that at the time) She didn't really prioritise going to the doctors over anything else and ended up rushed to hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks.

I understand you don't wanna miss an important exam, but I'd much rather be in safe hands than risk it for education.

Are there no resits or anything? Exam boards should sympathise with you if you explained to them the situation, I'm pretty sure of it.

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Gotta add, I have to agree with the people who said go as soon as you can, I'd say go tomorrow after the exam, since it's probably too late now to go today

My ex had apendicitis recently (Not that she realised it was that at the time) She didn't really prioritise going to the doctors over anything else and ended up rushed to hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks.

I understand you don't wanna miss an important exam, but I'd much rather be in safe hands than risk it for education.

Are there no resits or anything? Exam boards should sympathise with you if you explained to them the situation, I'm pretty sure of it.

Its never too late to go , when i had it i could walk i was in agony just lying down , just go straight to hospital if its hurting like mad trust me you dont want to leave it late it could be fatal

Bad news first: No one can diagnose you over the internet. You should go and see your doctor to make sure it's nothing serious - as plenty of people have pointed out, appendicitis has the potential to be fatal, and there are several other serious things that can cause siimlar belly pain.

Good news: It doesn't really sound like appendicitis unless it's in quite an early stage, so I wouldn't worry unduly. That's not to say don't go to your GP - of course you should. I would have thought getting stuck in hospital and unable to do an exam could be a good thing? They usually extrapolate your marks from earlier results, don't they?

The doctor said it could have been trapped wind and I was given a course on antibiotics.

:huh:

I had it, but it was most bizarre, i went to bed feeling 'hungry' and all through the night felt like shite, woke up and every-time i moved, even when not moving, (later on in the day). It felt like a mass sharp stabbing pain (someone standing infront of you stabbing you)

Went to my doctors (knowing they would say go to hospital) but one thing really strange happened, the doc tapped just above my belly button and my stomach went mad, creating all sorts of noises. but only in 2 sections.

He told me to go to a+e so i buggered off there, waited for hours. When i got called in, they checked my blood, somewhere else :sick:(N):( , and i had to pee in a cardboard thing, mainly to rule out anything else eg clap ... blahhh. Oh he gave me paracetamol and said "if its simple pain simple drugs will fix it"

Had to wait again. When he called me back in, i felt a tad better, but the pain had moved from my lower right side to just above my bellybutton, He said the tests showed i was clear from ...... but he didn't like the movement of pain, so i had to stay in overnight :(. In-case it does literally explode (He told me that, to the exact word.)

Theres always a doctors note mate, if you do miss your exam.

Next day the pain went back to my lower right side, and my belly-button, so surgary was an option right there and then, i dread going under the knife so said no, ill wait and hour or two. Had some crazy injection, and then when he checked on me the pain had gone, so i waited another hour and was let home, that night it cam back, it hurt more than ever, so had some paracetamol again, woke up at about 12pm to more pain, thought to myself, could be hugry, so had a sandwich, ate a mouthful and binned it, So 5 hours later of pain ordered a medium pizza from dolminos (mighty meaty, no onions bbq sauce base, double decadance <3) and ate that, and i shit you not, i felt so much better, but still not 100%.

So went back to the a+e had more checks and what not, and was there all of 4 hours, and the pain went. But now any sigh of a stomach ache, could mean my appendix is/just going/burst :(. I'd advise going doctors first though, hopefully there not as shite as mine, in there tomorrow with athletes foot :angry::sick:

Id say go straight to a+e, better to be safe then in more agonizing pain dude.

Edited by TROYston

Impaired performance would mean you can re-sit the exam or average it from your other marks or sit it and they add a certain percentage on. But like everyones said, it can be fatal... what's the point in waiting so you can get a good degree if you're not around to see it?

Are you sure?  Sounds like you just had some abdominal pain that went away by itself?  Appendicitis tends not to do that...

Yup i'm sure, my appendix had swollen up, but the inflammation calmed down, so now i have to be careful :(.

Are you sure? Sounds like you just had some abdominal pain that went away by itself? Appendicitis tends not to do that...

which seems to be what Ive got

The pains died down quite alot, maybe my massive headache is overshadowing that but looks like its not appendicitis

Sure as hell would like to know what it was though :/

Thanks for the responses, Ill still keep my eye on it...