Braking Noise

trials owns

hi everyone

basically i have just bought some onza citrus pads for the rear of my mod, and they are as loud as anything, i dont mind this but my neighbours have small children and babies and i don't want to wake them up/ annoy them.

just wondering is there anyway to make them quieter?, my mate says give it a week and they will pipe down is this true?

cheers everyone for reading.

nope, i have citrus pads and they are loud as f**k! ive had them for about 2 months so thats not true dude.

have you tried a booster to stop the vibrations?

no not yet, i was going to but then decided to see if the brake was powerful and quiet, its powerful but not quiet. i think i might buy one though.

A booster will definitely help, although those pads are loud on most set ups. I'd strongly recommend against toeing in the pads as they will wear incredibly quickly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a quiet brake pad compound that bites and holds well on a grind.

My Heatsink reds on a dead grind were near silent and performed brilliantly - unfortunately on a smooth rim they've not been up to scratch so I'm going to throw on some standard blacks and see if they work any better :)

Indeed Luke, i would say that my CRV's on the back are pretty quiet on a dead grind, but the requirements i have form the brake on my 24", as i imagine are similar to yours, are very different to what i want on the proper trials bike.

You can sacrifice bite for less noise, just get some dirt on the rim. Your brake will still work (as opposed to getting it wet or covered with oil which is silly), but will be fairly silent.

cheers mate

what about tar ?

Edited by trials owns