Parking In Manchester

Nick Manning

I'm going to Manchester on Thursday 3rd June for a bike event and need to park my car somewhere. Preferably I'm after a car park close to Oxford Road/Cavendish street.

I've looked at the NCP's but read they are pretty costly. So if anyone know's of any car park's that are reasonably priced and safe then the help would be greatly appreciated. The car wil be parked from 3pm till sometime in the evening, so obviously a car park that's open late would be better.

Cheers

Nick

I'm going to Manchester on Thursday 3rd June for a bike event and need to park my car somewhere. Preferably I'm after a car park close to Oxford Road/Cavendish street.

I've looked at the NCP's but read they are pretty costly. So if anyone know's of any car park's that are reasonably priced and safe then the help would be greatly appreciated. The car wil be parked from 3pm till sometime in the evening, so obviously a car park that's open late would be better.

Cheers

Nick

Theres a place near picadilly station. Its like £4 all day. Not sure what company it is though. Parking in manc is awkward though, if your on your bike maybe park outside the centre and ride in. Whats the event btw? open to public?

erm, manchester aquatics centre NCP, itll show on a sat nav as booth street, which cuts across oxford road, i think its like 1 or 2 streets down from cavendish. not really sure which street cavendish is, but think its opposite scu bar(sure someone local will tell you, i only know the streets with boozers on) in which case its only like a 2 minute ride/4 minute walk from car park to where you wanna be.

from memory the aquatics centre ncp is like £5.50 for 8 or 10 hours. which is easily gunna be long enough. (and it aint worth arsing round finding somewhere cheaper for the sake of savin £1)

If you want to just leave the car by the side of the road, to the East side of Upper Brook St is a load of houses. It's not the nicest part of Manchester but not the worst either, and I've dumped my car there before. And then it'll be a short stroll (1/2 mile) to where you're going.