Help An Old Dog Learn About Geo For A New Frame!

rhythm_101

hello everybody!!

after a long stint not doing anything trials related (over 2 years!!) i've decided to regress to my early ways...

i've been riding all sorts of bikes of late including a Heatsink 24", but i really want to go back to a 26" stock bike, but none of the new type of frames avaliable, more "old school" pashley 26mhz, Leeson, zebdi type...

soooo, onto my point then, after having a good look through the search engine i stumbled across Marino bikes, who can custom make a frame of your choice! and for a pretty descent prices aswell (very important as funds are of short lately!)

the only problem is that i have nooo clue of anything geo related, so if anyone could help me out with the basic stuff? (bb height, WB length etc). I would like it to be shortish (i'm 6'4") and streety, basicaly a piss about bike.

From what i've been reading people are really liking the Inspired 24" frame, so something like that but in 26" would be great!,

please don't think that i'm a pikey trying to rip off other brands and stuff, but i really want a descent riding 26" frame! which is not avaliable to buy from shops or i would just go down that route!! >_<

so yeah, any help would be greatly apreciated!! and sorry for the uber long post!! ^_^

if it had 4 bolts and slightly longer, would deffo consider that....... but i also live in spain... so yeah shipping costs n shite.... >_<

basicaly i've got my heart set on a custom new frame.... got it all pictured in my head.... apart from the geo that is anyway :ermm:

There is no production frame available that will ride like a zebdi/norco etc of 10 years ago, you have to buy a used frame or get a custom one made.

1050 wheelbase today is considered "short"

hence my thread for help on geo for my custon frame :turned:

but for some reason it has turned into a buy and sell thread! ^_^

From what i've been reading people are really liking the Inspired 24" frame, so something like that but in 26" would be great!,

please don't think that i'm a pikey trying to rip off other brands and stuff, but i really want a descent riding 26" frame! which is not avaliable to buy from shops or i would just go down that route!! >_<

so yeah, any help would be greatly apreciated!!

If you can find the geo of the inspired somewhere, keep all the angles the same but for the tube lengths just /24 then x26 to scale it up. Should ride ok.

If you can find the geo of the inspired somewhere, keep all the angles the same but for the tube lengths just /24 then x26 to scale it up. Should ride ok.

Anyone actually tried this?

or can just wait till the end of the year for a 26" inspired (heard so)