New Camera

sobek

Hi all.

Deciding to get a new digital camera in the following months, as mine is old (2003 old).

So...wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a camera. Not looking for anything professional, something compact/pocket-size , yet powerful, ability to take decent photos in low light environment and something that starts up quickly (current camera takes like...10 seconds to start up).

Was thinking something along the lines of a Sony Cybershot but any other big brand of camera manufacturers is ok.

Thanks in advance

Hi all.

Deciding to get a new digital camera in the following months, as mine is old (2003 old).

So...wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a camera. Not looking for anything professional, something compact/pocket-size , yet powerful, ability to take decent photos in low light environment and something that starts up quickly (current camera takes like...10 seconds to start up).

Was thinking something along the lines of a Sony Cybershot but any other big brand of camera manufacturers is ok.

Thanks in advance

Panasonic LX3 or Canon s90. great in low light. wide angle lens.

You might want to look at his location and rethink that second bit.

haha...actually from England but only visit back once a year...and cheaper here in China.

Ok...so ive leaned towards getting a canon. Just cant decided if to get the powershot sx210 or the IXUS 210 (or 300 but 210 seems to be a little better(?)).

any suggestion which of the 2 I should get?