Van Hire For Going Overseas

PeanuckleJive

So, we've been offered a slot at a festival in Belgium (Long story)

So now we need to start thinking about how to get 4 people plus instruments over there, Obviously it's probably easiest to hire a van.

EDIT: Possibly 5/6, People want to bring others along. I say get them to sort their own transport

has anybody done this before who can point me in the right direction? I have no idea where to start with it all

I'm 21, so a lot of rental companies don't want to go near me anyway, but surely somebody out there can rent me a van?

I'm getting bitched at by my bandmates (who don't even f**king drive anyway) To just rent a minibus and remove however many seats we need.

Pretty sure that's not on and the rental company won't like it at all? They're all saying as long as we put the seats back in before we give it back it'll be fine. But they forget the possibility of the thing breaking down or crashing and then we get raped by the rental company for unbolting bits of their van, right?

Edited by PeanuckleJive

I'm getting bitched at by my bandmates (who don't even f**king drive anyway) To just rent a minibus and remove however many seats we need.

Pretty sure that's not on and the rental company won't like it at all? They're all saying as long as we put the seats back in before we give it back it'll be fine. But they forget the possibility of the thing breaking down or crashing and then we get raped by the rental company for unbolting bits of their van, right?

Minibus = windows = ££££ worth of equipment on plain show in areas you don't know, in country's you don't know. Not a great idea really. And if you put something over the windows its pretty obvious you've done it for a reason.

What about just hiring a small van for the kit and then using your car for the people? or is it literally just you who can drive? if it is, kick them in the tits till they get a license sorted.

Minibus = windows = ££££ worth of equipment on plain show in areas you don't know, in country's you don't know. Not a great idea really. And if you put something over the windows its pretty obvious you've done it for a reason.

What about just hiring a small vFan for the kit and then using your car for the people? or is it literally just you who can drive? if it is, kick them in the tits till they get a license sorted.

cheers for the replies guys, will respond better tomorrow when I'm not posting off an iPhone

the exact reason I want a van is the lack of windows, my drums alone are nearing £4000 so I sure as hell wanna hide em!

Literally just me who drives, guitarist is learning but I doubt he's anywhere near to doing his test, no matter how optimistic he is. Plus the fact he then has to become a competent driver, enough to go abroad and be able to drive on the left with no fuss!

I'm not pissing on his campfire, just being realistic >.<