Tensile Offset Magura Mounts.

try with a new olive and wind the tpa all the way down then set it up , wh en every think is tight spin the wheel and wind up the tpa (Y)

try with a new olive and wind the tpa all the way down then set it up , wh en every think is tight spin the wheel and wind up the tpa (

What rim, what pads?

Rear rim is just a random wheel from a dabomb schoole 05 and the pads are orangy red ones from Ebay

these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Magura-Rim-Brake-Pads-Orange-HS11-HS22-HS33-HS66-HS77-/200472291914?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2ead146a4a#ht_889wt_912.

When the bike was new they would have been fitted so that the offset moved the pads closer to the rim, not further away. Unless you're running a really wide rim you want them like they were set up in the factory. If your rim is more than ~40mm you might need some new, non offset mounts.

Edited by konstant

I imagine its due the rim on your rear wheel being too narrow for the frame, the offset mounts will allow you to move your brake in closer to the rim so you can set up your brake. Something to look at for the future would be to upgrade your rear rim/wheel to a wider set up allowing you to run a larger volume tyre with reduced tyre roll, increased bounce, stability and grip.

I imagine its due the rim on your rear wheel being too narrow for the frame, the offset mounts will allow you to move your brake in closer to the rim so you can set up your brake. Something to look at for the future would be to upgrade your rear rim/wheel to a wider set up allowing you to run a larger volume tyre with reduced tyre roll, increased bounce, stability and grip.

I am looking at upgrading the rear wheel in the near future,

but for now as cash flow is a problem it will unfortunately have to wait.

Ok I feel really stupid now i just ordered these http://www.elite-bik...cts/show/383458

but dry.gifon the home page it says that the website is down due to lack of trade so will i still get them or what?

edit just found this i think i ave been well and truly had

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132791&hl=elitebikes&st=0

Edited by trialsrider101

Tensile off set mounts were designed so that you can reverse them and get maximum side to side movement. The offset was optimised to get full overlap. The only problem is you cannot get as much movement when the offset is inwards because the body of the brake butts up against the mount, before it has moved all the way in..

• 5 months later...

how wide was your rim, i want to get a onza blade frame and i have only got a 38mm wide rim.

You will need the Tensile offset mounts then, I ran a blade frame with the original rim for a while which was 38mm and needed the offset mounts to set up the brake correctly (without using TPA) to the rim, and felt great.

With the blade frame (the 09) you'd best get a booster on there too, quite flexy :)