Maggie Help (05 Onwards)

Riley1

Good afternoon everyone,

I recently fitted a nearly new rear Magura HS33 to my bike and I'm running yellow pads, Onza Citrus I think.

When I'm up on the back wheel I noticed what feels like a considerable ammount of play in the rear wheel which I have now discovered is down to the brake pads moving from side to side whilst locked on, maybe only 1/2 mm but it is noticeable and irritating.

Has anyone else had this? and is there a quick fix?

Cheers

I would take the pads out have a look at the backing and see if the hole that goes in to the Slave Cylinder is normal and not broke. Why your doing that I would check the Slave Cylinder nipple bit that your pads go and check its not bent or snapped in half or something.

CNC backings got rid of almost all that play on my Maguras. There has to be some to allow the pads to move in the first place. The nipple bit on the tip of the piston should not take any side loading in use. All the side loads should be taken by the guide pins that stick out around the cylinder.

Edited by psycholist

any headache in the rear wheel?

Hi, what do you mean?

I would take the pads out have a look at the backing and see if the hole that goes in to the Slave Cylinder is normal and not broke. Why your doing that I would check the Slave Cylinder nipple bit that your pads go and check its not bent or snapped in half or something.

Will do, thanks.

you could be mistaking it for your hub, in other words if the bearings need nipping up

Ahh ok, no I can actually see the play in the pads when I lock the brake , put weight on the bike and rock backwards and forwards.