Quiet Brake Pads

trials owns

The heatsink reds i have are quieter than most pads but still make noise, snowies i've run on a grind have been very loud. I wouldn't bother running a booster on your forks, i run Rockman forks with Rock blue pads and they're horrifically loud; even though its probably the stiffest set up i've ridden.

Hi mate I run the tryall reds from tarty on a light grind with a two bolt booster and it makes no noise at all and power wise it has never failed to hold the only draw back is a slightly soft lever feel.

6abd94ca5f.jpg

BRKSHOE---2-a.jpg

20071230-rainbowshoe.jpg

Rainbow pads! ... but only if you're lucky enough to go to Japan. The compound is designed for BMX flatland. But having tried them on a trials bike, they are surprisingly good. Quiet as a fox.

(you can use Onza's v-daptors to mount them to HS33s)

Edited by Sponge

6abd94ca5f.jpg

BRKSHOE---2-a.jpg

20071230-rainbowshoe.jpg

Rainbow pads! ... but only if you're lucky enough to go to Japan. The compound is designed for BMX flatland. But having tried them on a trials bike, they are surprisingly good. Quiet as a fox.

(you can use Onza's v-daptors to mount them to HS33s)

ha sweet

As a point, the setup of the brake will have much more to do than the pads themselves. Pads can perform and sound so different with different frames/rims/boosters/grinds etc etc.

I prefer a brake as quiet as possible (used to love it as loud as possible back in the day though!), as you probably agree it just makes riding seem a bit smoother & refined!

Stiffer frames and boosters will help here, as the flex and vibration (read: noise) are minimised. Slightly less sharp grinds will also reduce the vibrations, whilst the lack of bite/grab can be compensated for with a stiffer set up and even a longer lever blade giving you more power and control over the brake, effectively making it more modular but still with that definitive lock!

On the contrary, harsh, sharp grinds and less stiff setups are more likely to have higher bite and noise, with the expense of a bit of holding power, but have the benefit of more confidence in wet weather conditions.

Hope this helps,