Holyroller V.s Motodigger

bryan96

Hello all, i will be getting my Inspired soon, and i definately will be changing tires(stock tires are Kenda K-Rads, Inspired Team). So i'm considering between Maxxis Holyrollers and DMR MotoDiggers. Any comments about the two tires? I would really appriciate a comparison about their characteristics, eg: rolling resistence, punture resistence, shock absorbtion, wear life. Any help will be much appriciated. Thanks in advance! :D

Holy Rollers are awesome. Super grippy, great impact absorption (inflate a bit wider than the Moto Diggers), about as good at puncture protection as the DMRs. They're definitely grippier though. I use mine mostly for natural and a bit of street, and they're equally at home on rocks or streety stuff.

Nowhere near as good in all honesty. Stan went from K-Rads to Holy Rollers and found a massive improvement, and I went from Moto Diggers to Holy Rollers and also noticed a massive improvement. They feel like they've got a better carcass than the DMRs or Kendas - the DMRs always seem like a tube with a load of knobbles on top, whereas the Holy Rollers seem to have a better profile.

im not too sure on how different the holyroller is to the highroller....

within the last couple of days ive gone from diggers front and rear to a digger on the front and hiroller on the rear...the difference was enough to make me not go back ;)

edit* ignore all the above! haha, cheers luke

Edited by chris4stars

I have never done street trials but I used to ride a 24" dirt jump bike and done street time to time and I bought a set of motodiggers used em for 15 minutes and took them off so personaly I would go for the holyroller although street trials is alot different to what I used to ride :).

Your comparing to very different tyres aswell, The holy roller is closer to the DMR moto R/T than it is to the moto digger..

I loved my Holyrollers in my experience i haven't had a better street tyre.

Another thing to concider would be the new DMR supermoto, but they're quite new so doubt they'll be much to say about them.