Newbie To Trials

Beaniemoo

Hello there,

At the ripe old age of 26 I've finally got myself a trials bike.

Ever since I heard about this sport when I was about 15 I've always wanted to get a bike and I've finally bitten the bullet and got one.

To begin with I've got myself a cheap bike, (just to make sure I get on with it) a Monty 219 Magura off eBay for £100.

Quite strange really because its the bike I've always fancied!

Unfortunatly this is all I know about this bike so if anyone knows anything more about it (year ect) that would be nice.

Anyway I've been playing round on it out the front of my house and I utterly love it.

I can't wait to get it out on some proper obsticles

Not the best picture but its the only one I've currently got

untitled-5.jpg

Any advise on set-up, tyre pressures or anything would be much appreciated

Also need validating

Cheers

Michael

Hello there,

At the ripe old age of 26 I've finally got myself a trials bike.

Ever since I heard about this sport when I was about 15 I've always wanted to get a bike and I've finally bitten the bullet and got one.

To begin with I've got myself a cheap bike, (just to make sure I get on with it) a Monty 219 Magura off eBay for £100.

Quite strange really because its the bike I've always fancied!

Unfortunatly this is all I know about this bike so if anyone knows anything more about it (year ect) that would be nice.

Anyway I've been playing round on it out the front of my house and I utterly love it.

I can't wait to get it out on some proper obsticles

Not the best picture but its the only one I've currently got

untitled-5.jpg

Any advise on set-up, tyre pressures or anything would be much appreciated

Also need validating

Cheers

Michael

Old school !

I don`t no much about that bike and i`ve never seen it either. I`m just wondering did you get that bike with the hydraulic brakes or did you just have to buy them i do no that you don't want your tyre rock hard and you don`t want it to flat i`m just a begginner so i don`t much myself hope i helped a bit (Y)

For beginners a lower tire pressure(depends on what tires you use too, softer compound tires call for a little higher pressure) would be helpful in aiding basics like trackstanding and rear wheel hopping as there is more grip. But eventually as you progress you should go for a higher pressure as snake bites would be common if you're not careful. When I started off i used 18psi on Monty Eagle Claw tires, which are of a soft compound. After 8 months the tire was completely bald, and I increased pressure too. Now i've been riding for 1 and a half years and am using 40psi tires as i ride very streety trials.

I guess its more of personal preference, and what type of riding you do. If you're more trials, go for a lower pressure. If you're more of street, go for higher pressure. But do play around with it, eventually you'll find a pressure you're comfortable with.

As for set-up tips, do make sure your brakes are working fine. You definately wouldn't want youself slipping and injuring yourself while practising. Other than that, its got alot to do on what you're comfortable with. Hope that helped!