Got An Iphone...

alreet, just got home from phone for u with my new iphone 3Gs and i need a little bit of help/ advise...

I need to know how to activate it? heard something about just connecting it to your pc and sync it through itunes? is this correct?

Yeah you sync it with itunes

You can run iTunes in WINE?

Im using MINT but i couldnt get it to work :( so i had to download itunes onto my mams laptop and do it that way, abit of a bummer but hey! atleast iv got my iphone :D

After being a Blackberry guy for about 2 years, i decided against the blackberry for my upgrade, so got the iphone, which im actually pretty happy with!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Guess you didn't know the new model will be officially announced tomorrow :( and probably be out end of June/July.

So glad to hear this, this will mean the 3GS will come down in price I'm guessing, which will make the 3G come down too! :D

At the moment you can get a 3G for £150 + £25 a month, 100 mins with unlimited texts and internet, which is still a bit much for a phone IMO, but we'll see.

The 3G will become unavailable in the next few weeks/months. Places are selling out already as they have stopped producing them. The 3GS price should drop though.

Ill be glad to get rid of my 3G to be honest and upgrade. It's sloooooooooow and the battery life is terrible.

Just looked up the 3GS, they're dropping in price already by the looks of it. £150 + £30 a month, 300mins and unlimited texts and internet

Still £450 a year for a phone though...

Ill be glad to get rid of my 3G to be honest and upgrade. It's sloooooooooow and the battery life is terrible.

Yep, I'm looking forward to an upgrade from the 3G too. Want something faster (battery life is ok for me).

Seems like a good deal that, but on 1gb internet? I'll probably use that up in a week...

I once used over 100gb in a month on the house internet, but doubt I'll do that on a phone. :P

Seems like the thing to do is wait until the 4g has been out for a few weeks, then check round all the major companies for a 3GS. (In white of course. :P)

EDIT: Is it possible to watch the BBC iPlayer on an iPhone? Surely there's an app for it?

Edited by Muel

EDIT: Is it possible to watch the BBC iPlayer on an iPhone? Surely there's an app for it?

The one I just sold had BBC iPlayer app on it, it was downloaded from Cydia though and I've never seen it on an un-jailbroken iPhone.

You don't need an app, iplayer works just fine via the iphone-modified website. Obviously you need good signal though - Wifi or 3G at least. TVCatchup is great too - you can basically watch all the freeview channels live.

It's a shame that SeeSaw doesn't work though.

For what it's worth, my (cellular) data usage is 74mb sent / 290mb received in just over 2 months. I think you'll be surprised how little data you use compared to home broadband to be honest. I don't stream much over 3g though - that would change the figures significantly.

I doubt I'll use it for the iPlayer much really, I was thinking I could watch in bed, forgetting I have a netbook that can do that, but never does.

And cheers Jamie, but I don't want no battered then repaired by a small child 3G iPhone, what I really want is a brand new white 3GS. :P