Hope Pro 2 ...do I ? Dont I?

peggysue

Just for anyone who's done it - how does the hub feel when it strips? My bike's done some 'interesting' feeling stuff in the drivetrain recently, wanted to see if it might be that.

yeah when mine when I just thought I had done a wheelspin when doing a wheelswap. had to try a second time before I realised ... Doh!! It got super loose super quick after that.

Cool. I've had a few kicks where it's felt like something's sorta either tightened up a bit more (like when you put a new sprocket on), or has stripped slightly. Happened twice, so I'm just hoping it's my sprocket tightening on uber tight or something. Fingers crossed, anyway ;)

Cool. I've had a few kicks where it's felt like something's sorta either tightened up a bit more (like when you put a new sprocket on), or has stripped slightly. Happened twice, so I'm just hoping it's my sprocket tightening on uber tight or something. Fingers crossed, anyway ;)

thats couldbe the sprocket digging into the driveshell then moving slightly when you kicked putting it back into place.

just a guess, probably not the case really

Has hope done anything about the ratchet rings stripping?

That was my main concern with them, but still think they're the best value cassette hub out there. THE best if you get a bad King ;)

No, I stripped my test hub, but that was because it had been machined from billet and not from a forging, the forgings are alot stronger because of the natural grain of the material, this year i have got a hub that has more thread depth in it, rather than 8mm it has 10mm so it theoretically is 25% stronger on the threaded ratchet part, so this should stop that stripping. but it probably wont be available till 2011

tis a good question. However Having only run ProIIs since they were released (think I had one of the first TartyBikes ever sold), Ive only managed to snap a couple of springs and an axle. The ratchet on my original 06 (?) hub stripped this year after a year or so of brakeless trials (which I cant think is good for it!!) and the rest of the time as my main trials bike rear wheel, even the bearings in that original hub are perfect. So I dont personally worry about it!!

any time Ive had a problem (not many) Ive sent it back to hope or just got the cheap spares from TB and its been a cheap/free and easy fix.

cant recommend them more. Solid, and much cheaper than a King to buy and service/repair. Oh and FFWs naff thread design just puts me off.

Do you think you haven't worn any bearings out because you dont do natural? im just guessing ive never seen you ride muddy or sandy stuff in vids :P ?? I think thats the only reason why my bearings have collapsed before now because of the abuse the hampshire biketrials club comps give it.

Just for anyone who's done it - how does the hub feel when it strips? My bike's done some 'interesting' feeling stuff in the drivetrain recently, wanted to see if it might be that.

Just feels like when you've put a new front sprocket on and you kick for the first time and it tightens that little more, it feels like that then it just goes, and you can pedal and not go any where.

Tom

Edited by T.McMillan