Ideas For My Bike

JoeMx89

I wonder if you guys can help. At the moment I have a cheap Da Bomb mod which im practicing on and im enjoying it but in my garage I have got a 24" fireeye spitfire frame, rock shox forks, avid rear brake, halo wheels and some other bits, the bike is very light at the moment and I was wondering if I got a set of rigid forks, a new front wheel (because mine has a 20mm axle to fit the forks) and new cranks with a 16/18t cog on and got a front brake fitted if this would work as a trials bike even though as far as im aware the frame is for dirt jumping. If this would not work please tell me. I was just wondering because I would like to ride 24" but dont have enough to buy a bike where if I shopped around I could sort this bike for about £80-£100 with secondhand parts. Thanks for reading, hope you guys can help.

You can ride trials on any bike really, as long as you have a decent set of brakes and the right gearing, however a frame/bike designed specifically for trials with dedicated trials geometry will always perform better than a bike that has been designed for dirt jumping. Although if you're that keen to ride 24" im sure you can use your DJ frame and upgrade parts as you go, then save up for a decent trials frame as you progress?

Make sure you have a look on some of the auction sites or on here in the for sale section for some second hand ones, you'll always find ones with loads of upgrades for a fraction of the price of a new one (Y)

Well im still thinking I might just sell the jump bike and save for a actual trials bike instead of messing about with it.

You'd probably be better off doing that to be honest, once you're validated you can have a good shop around.

I just got a 26" frame that had a crack for £20, got the crack welded up for nowt and had it powdercoated for £30 and it's like brand new for very little money. Got some 2nd hand forks off here as well for £45, just goes to show that it can be done even on the tightest of budgets!

You'd probably be better off doing that to be honest, once you're validated you can have a good shop around.

I just got a 26" frame that had a crack for £20, got the crack welded up for nowt and had it powdercoated for £30 and it's like brand new for very little money. Got some 2nd hand forks off here as well for £45, just goes to show that it can be done even on the tightest of budgets!

I have decided this is what im doing, once im validated I might put my jump bike up on the for sale see if I get any interest then have a shop around for bikes/parts. Thanks for your help guys.