What Do You Think For A First Bike ?

Hey people,

I have been using a friends zoo python and my dirt jump bike to start off with but, I think its time to get one of my own but, I am having trouble finding a cheap first bike to get used to, i'm not planning to keep it long if I like it as I wil eventually get a more expencive one.

anyway, I have found a completely stock onza t-vee going for £40 and i would like to see other peoples opinions weather i should buy it or not

Edited by just-starting-out

Hey people,

I am having trouble finding a cheap first bike to get used to, i'm not planning to keep it long if I like it as I wil eventually get a more expencive one.

anyway, I have found a completely stock onza t-vee going for £40 and i would like to see other peoples opinions weather i should buy it or not?

I think it's great bike for it's money. Remember when using v-brakes cause you need to tune them in order to work properly.

Hope I helped you out.

Hey people,

I have been using a friends zoo python and my dirt jump bike to start off with but, I think its time to get one of my own but, I am having trouble finding a cheap first bike to get used to, i'm not planning to keep it long if I like it as I wil eventually get a more expencive one.

anyway, I have found a completely stock onza t-vee going for £40 and i would like to see other peoples opinions weather i should buy it or not

Buy it, doesn't matter if it only lasts you a couple of months, at least its something to get the basics picked up on and it doesn't matter if you trash it!

Hey people,

Not the best of bikes but for £40 you cant really go wrong, even if it only lasts a couple of months.

my budget would be from about £250--£300ish

You'll be able to pick up a decent spec 2nd hand bike from on here for that money, so will just be down to whats available at the time.

Either that or build one up slowly over the next few months or so as money comes available!

For £40 the T-Vee isn't a bad starter bike.

I'm riding one at the moment and no matter how much it gets trashed about while I re-learn the basics it still holds strong.

Note that the V-brakes do need some minor maintenance and Stefkeeee is right they need to be tuned properly. Other than that though, it seems like a good deal for you.

Edited by Mog

For £40 the T-Vee isn't a bad starter bike.

I'm riding one at the moment and no matter how much it gets trashed about while I re-learn the basics it still holds strong.

Note that the V-brakes do need some minor maintenance and Stefkeeee is right they need to be tuned properly. Other than that though, it seems like a good deal for you.

If thats the case then I'd by the bike for £40 then get some maggies front and rear for it. 2 Evo adaptor kits is only £20 so probably worth the spend to have some decent brakes to start on which can be carried over when you get a new bike or frame in the future!