What Protection Do You Ride With?

B0LT0N

Well as the topic states, what sort of protection do you all ride with?

At the moment i ride with ankle/shin guards and a helmet. I am considering getting knee guards too. What do you all think to this? Too much/little?

Cheers

Sixsixone shin and knee guards in black and blue

Waiting on a red bell trials helmet that I won on ebay (owner is probably on here)

And going to get some gloves in the near future, not sure what make and type are advisable though :/

A what?

Helmet, that is all. Everything else looks poo and if you're a real man a shin dig is a badge of honour!

Okay then, you take pride in your battered, bruised, black and blue knees mate (Y)lol.

I have a huge bruise from my bike on side of my leg that hurts 24/7 i don't know about you, but if i can avoid it then im going to.

Edited by B0LT0N

A what?

Helmet, that is all. Everything else looks poo and if you're a real man a shin dig is a badge of honour!

LOL didn't realise how weird that sounds. XD. If that's what you meant?

I have new v8s and not worth the risk of ripping my shins apart with their current sharpness!

durex-natural-feeling.jpg

Or just don't bother with them altogether. Safe enough without

--

But yeah, seriously, gloves and helmet. Gloves aren't a protection thing for me, they're more for a more comfortable solid grip on the bars and sweaty palms can make riding feel a bit sketchy.

I do think it's really great that helmets are seen as an encouraged norm in trials. Even though the sport isn't as hazardous as skating in most cases! They really need to wear helmets more..

Just got back from a referral to a physio about my knee. I hit the stem a few times in March and still have a painful wobbly lump on my right patella. Now I always wear my 661 Kyle Straits

My shins are fairly grim though... I get looks when I wear shorts. But knees are delicate things in comparison and need protection IMO.

Other than that... gloves, helmet.

Edited by konstant

helmet & gloves. sometimes shinguards.. but during the summer months I prefer not wearing them. yesterday my thigh got scratched by my pedal, so I guess you can't get full protection anyway... ;)

Edited by flatpro