Freewheels ?

^Mole^

Broke 2 Tensile 60 click freewheels so been put off by having them

so a V!Z Seventy Two ? or Tensile 96 Click

Not having an echo sl.. because they have none due to a faulty batch and remaking them all now ..

And the try all 108.9 freewheels just explode so don't even mention them there shit lol

I am prety happy with my Echo SL lasted me 8 months and still not a single skip. I would go for a 96 tensile of those 2 you picked. I think Viz is just a remake of the rest of them like rockman, echo TR. Not too sure about rcokman 108, but should be kind of a copy of a try-all one. About the tensile: I've seen some pics on facebook Jack Meek blowing one up.

Kind of a hard decision here...

I am prety happy with my Echo SL lasted me 8 months and still not a single skip. I would go for a 96 tensile of those 2 you picked. I think Viz is just a remake of the rest of them like rockman, echo TR. Not too sure about rcokman 108, but should be kind of a copy of a try-all one. About the tensile: I've seen some pics on facebook Jack Meek blowing one up.

Kind of a hard decision here...

Know where i can get a Echo sl from ?? cos everywhere i looked no ones got any :S

Edited by ^Mole^

tensile 96 i got one about 2 weeks ago its great so far skipped a couple of times first ride just while it was bedding in, but since its been great, nearly everyone i ride with uses them and we all are verry happy with them. (Y)

Edited by matthew_coggan

The echo sl's are serously awesome, the tryalls arent as bad as everyone makes out i used one for over a year and it was fine, my mates also been running one for about 6 months and its not skipped once. Echo sl all the way, even if you have to wait it'l be worth it!

The echo sl's are serously awesome, the tryalls arent as bad as everyone makes out i used one for over a year and it was fine, my mates also been running one for about 6 months and its not skipped once. Echo sl all the way, even if you have to wait it'l be worth it!

July though ?? dam..

Not having an echo sl.. because they have none due to a faulty batch and remaking them all now ..

And the try all 108.9 freewheels just explode so don't even mention them there shit lol

Blowing it out of all proportion - The dodgy batch never left the factory.

Get an Echo SL/TR you won't regret it.

Blowing it out of all proportion - The dodgy batch never left the factory.

Get an Echo SL/TR you won't regret it.

No ones got any...

and the guy sellin them said he won't have any for a couple weeks

I've got a White Industries ENO (72 EP) for sale for £45 if you're interested.

I had one of them for a while, It just fell apart while i was riding along. -.- But when i was using it it was a good freewheel.

And mates got an Echo TR I think, he says that it is very good, there loud to...

Personally i think that you should just wait for the SL's so come back into stock from what ive seen on the forum there amazing.

Edited by papman

I am prety happy with my Echo SL lasted me 8 months and still not a single skip. I would go for a 96 tensile of those 2 you picked. I think Viz is just a remake of the rest of them like rockman, echo TR. Not too sure about rcokman 108, but should be kind of a copy of a try-all one. About the tensile: I've seen some pics on facebook Jack Meek blowing one up. Kind of a hard decision here...

There are no other freewheels on the market like TR/SL freewheels. Totally custom design made by Echo themselves.

The Rockman is exactly the same as the Try-All. Same design, same factory, same everything.

I wouldn't say 'major' - I've run an Eno for quite a while in the past with no issues, and know of many people who do run them with no damage. There is obviously an increased risk, but it's not a 'major' one. Having said that, I still wouldn't get one anyway. Quite expensive, spares cost quite a lot, and typically they need those spares more than TRs or SLs do.

i've got one for a year now and i've never had any problem with it for the moment !

In my experience:

Had a V!Z 72 click freewheel for about a month before it started skipping 8-9 times per hour. Took it all apart, serviced it several times, nothing seemed wrong, but it still kept skipping.

Replaced that with a Tensile 96 click. Had this for about 3 months now, and it's only skipped once.

Friend's had 2 Enos, and they've been nothing but a nightmare. Constantly skipped, no matter what new bits got put in, and then couldn't get them off without welding and grinding thanks to the wrong pitched threads.

He proceeded to get a Rockman 108 click, which also skips quite a bit.

I've never heard ANYONE say anything bad about the Echo SL freewheel - so I'd personally hold out and get one of those when they're available.

If you desperately want to ride NOW, though - I'd not be afraid of bigging up the Tensile 96 click massive.

I've never heard ANYONE say anything bad about the Echo SL freewheel - so I'd personally hold out and get one of those when they're available.

If you desperately want to ride NOW, though - I'd not be afraid of bigging up the Tensile 96 click massive.

+1 for Tensile or Echo

Avoid Rockman freewheels

I used to run an ENO and it was flawless (I had threads strip on one crank, but it was due to badly modifying the bashguard, leaving the freewheel off line with the crank threads. One thing that probably should be corrected here is that the pitch of the threads on ENO freewheels is correct, the diameter is slightly larger at 1.375" rather than 1.37", or a 0.36% difference, so probably within the manufacturing tolerances of the threads on some freewheels. After 2.5 year's use the ENO is still running flawlessly.

My current bike, bought at the start of the year has an Echo freehweel. I found the Echo freewheel was very tight on the threads of the cranks, making it difficult to screw on even with copper grease (Presumably because it has a 1.37" thread diameter), but that's where any complaint about the freewheel construction starts and ends. The Echo has performed flawlessly since I bought it, no skips, no funny noises, total peace of mind. The extra pickup compared to the ENO is noticeable too, but once you're past 60 or 70 clicks you're splitting hairs really. More useful for the folks who have had freewheels fall apart on them is that the lockring on the Echo sits against the bashguard on the crank, so it can't come off. Only thing I'd consider changing is to make the freewheel quieter - it's so loud it makes it difficult to talk to someone you're cycling with if you're both rolling down a hill.

I'm currently running a tryall 108.9, came second hand on my bike. I've been using this for around 2 months now and it has skipped a handfull of times, it feels sluggish, does'nt respond how i'd like it to. So recently i've been thinking about purchasing the tensile 96 click, i see quite a few people recommending it... For those who own a tensile 96 click, how does it respond for you? how many times has yours skipped? Also, what would you rate it out of 10? :)

Cheers, Jamie.