New Member Re-Living My Youth!

7up_elise

Just joined up as im after some advice! Found the site through google, and seems a pretty cool place :)

Im Bruce, 25 and live in Reading. Just bought a trials frame on eBay after randomnly looking for trials bikes. I started riding trials when I was about 13, and carryed on until I was 17 and got my driving license.

Once I had my car, the bike I built with all my pocket money was left in the shed until I finally gave it to my apprentices brother a few years back!

Anyways, enough rambling!

The reason im here is that I have just bought a cheap as chips trials frame on ebay. A Club Roost XP to be exact! Now all I need is the rest of the bike to build up!

Im after some sound advice for reasonably priced parts as I cant rememer most of the parts I had on my old bike, other than a set of HS33's! Oh, and Kona P2 forks! :P

Any advice would be great :)

Bruce

Just joined up as im after some advice! Found the site through google, and seems a pretty cool place smile.gif

Im Bruce, 25 and live in Reading. Just bought a trials frame on eBay after randomnly looking for trials bikes. I started riding trials when I was about 13, and carryed on until I was 17 and got my driving license.

Once I had my car, the bike I built with all my pocket money was left in the shed until I finally gave it to my apprentices brother a few years back!

Anyways, enough rambling!

The reason im here is that I have just bought a cheap as chips trials frame on ebay. A Club Roost XP to be exact! Now all I need is the rest of the bike to build up!

Im after some sound advice for reasonably priced parts as I cant rememer most of the parts I had on my old bike, other than a set of HS33's! Oh, and Kona P2 forks! tongue.gif

Any advice would be great smile.gif

Bruce

A lot has changed since then matey so just have a good read around and you'll soon pick up on whats needed!

Can I advise switching to single speed with a front freewheel, best thing I ever did!

Oh yeah, welcome buddy!!

Cheers for the welcomes everyone!

Been doing a bit of poking around, and cant believe Martyn Ashton is still around doing his thing! Remember sat in my mates living room during the school holidays watching one of his vids on VHS. All I wanted to do was ride after watching him, but we couldnt due to the rain!

Anyways, hopefully my frame shoud be here on saturday, so expect the questions to come in thich and fast! :)

HAHA, oh my god i'm in the exact same situation, only i'm 23! Kona p2s! Merlin frames, where have the days gone???

I live in Didcot/Abingdon.

So much new gear on the market its hard trying to get my head around it.

Hope all is good.

Edited by xDUNSTANx

Hey Dunstan!

Its crazy how far things have come along! Been drooling over all the old skool trials frames that have been on ebay lately!

Im getting there with the build, and so far its only cost me £41!

Building the bike as cheap as possible, just incase I cantr find time for it or whatever once baby comes along :)

Good luck on you build!

A full mod for £56!! Bloody bargain!

The last trials bike I had was an old Monty with some crazy rigid triple clamp forks!

Im still keeping an eye out on the bay for a full mod, as I wouldnt mind both to see which I prefer :)

And yeah definitly game for a ride, although not sure how long it will take due to immonent baby! lol

Yer my last bike was a gold framed merlin, P2 forks etc. not sure if merlin still exist :S

Mods are going fairly cheap these days, i got mine cheap but end of the month i'll buy some forks and HS33s. and just improve it over time.

Congrats on the baby news mate!

Yer my last bike was a gold framed merlin, P2 forks etc. not sure if merlin still exist :S

Mods are going fairly cheap these days, i got mine cheap but end of the month i'll buy some forks and HS33s. and just improve it over time.

Congrats on the baby news mate!

Merlin still exist dude, i had a custom frame made by them for dirt jumping and it was sweet :D

whats this then? old boys trying to be young again?

sadly its the same here,25 in a few weeks! ive not been out the game for very long and have always had a soft spot for the mod bikes! but havnt ridden trials for over 10 years!

i was running fatty r forks back in the day.

magura racelines

easton bars and bits

and twas the hey day for xlite bits, had purple everything!

cor takes you back doesnt it!

tommy

Think were getting to a stage in life when I go out on the lash, and actually feel old!!! Trying to claw back my youth any way I can! Ah ha!!!

The bike im building for trials will always come in handy for riding back from the pub half cut to I guess.... Not that I've thought about it much! :P

I do feel old compared to what was about back in "my" day hahaha. what is this 4 bolt stuff? haha.

Fatty R forks, Ashton on Cannondale! oh my days.

All the new stuff on the market does look so good though, my wages are going to last a few hours this month lol.