Who Cares About Football?

Jamie_Trials

Do you care about football  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about football

But you see the fun in hopping a bike up an down? (not having a dig, just ask a genuine question)

Both sports have their merits in terms of both physical health and mental exercise but extreme sports have the SCARE factor which other more mainstream sports don't provide. Also 95% of the time the footballers play it safe instead of doing all the showing off moves that they use in the commercials and what not. Kinda makes it the equivalent of watching a load of dirt jumpers just cleaning the jumps instead of tricking them.

Interesting story though, there's a scream bar in Leicester that had loads of signs on the walls saying if there's ever a sporting event on you could request to watch it on the tv's. There was some crappy P.L. match on and everyone was watching it. When the adverts came on i asked the guy at the bar if he could flick extreme sports on for a couple of minutes so i could see what was happening in the downhill/motocross coverage. When it came to switching back on the football match, to my surprise, loads of people in the pub had enjoyed watching the biking so much they didn't want the football any more and boo'd until the biking went back on (which was about 30 seconds later) :P

Interesting story though, there's a scream bar in Leicester that had loads of signs on the walls saying if there's ever a sporting event on you could request to watch it on the tv's. There was some crappy P.L. match on and everyone was watching it. When the adverts came on i asked the guy at the bar if he could flick extreme sports on for a couple of minutes so i could see what was happening in the downhill/motocross coverage. When it came to switching back on the football match, to my surprise, loads of people in the pub had enjoyed watching the biking so much they didn't want the football any more and boo'd until the biking went back on (which was about 30 seconds later) :P

That's rather awesome! haha

I really wish they'd start sending off all these pansies who jump on the ground when someone gets within a metre of them, writhes around in apparent agony for five minutes then gets up and carries on just fine because there was NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM TO START WITH! It's a joke.

However... that was a beast of a goal by the Brazilians there.

However, in this world cup, if your looking for passing football which is interesting watch teams like South Korea and the like, They are playing for their future as their players want to be spotted by bigger clubs. The "smaller" teams are much more interesting to watch as they are the under dogs in most games and are not afraid to go forward because anything but a loss is a huge bonus.

Still l do love my Football !!!

Josh.

your statement is true for south korea.. but south korea is the only team that plays like that. The huge difference between South Corea and any other team is, that every south corean player is moving all the time and trying to get/block every single ball. Usually football players tend to avoid running around too much. Furthermore the Corean guys tackle everytime instead of just standing in front of a player indicating that he'd better pass the ball to somebody else.." ;) Because that's what football players usually do and that's the reason why most of the time the ball is being passed around far away from the opponent's goal most of the time. Most teams are, like mentioned by someone else, afraid of losing and that's why they all stand in in their half of the court and wait. Therefore most matches end up 1:0 or 1:1 ... so one or two goals in 90 minutes... what a accomplishment *lol*

but hey, if you like football that's ok. At least the worldcup gives people joy and a reason to watch a few games together and have fun!

Football, as a sport I don't mind. Anything which is a challenge to someone, I respect (to a degree).

But I can't stand it as it is.

• People support clubs which are hundreads of miles away from home, with players who are even further away from their homes!
  • They are overpaid, and the fans get stung for the privalidge.
  • They fall over all the time, have a little cry and always get back up when the game plays on. Pussys.

If they wanted to make football better

• Enforce a rule that you can only have players on your team, who were born in that area, Say within a certain distance. Local people would support their local teams, less people traveling up and down the country to see their "team". Also a sense of real satisfaction when your team climbs the leaderboard, instead of always going with the winning team.
  • Reduce ticket prices, merchandise prices and lower their wages. So everyone gets a chance to watch.
  • MAN UP

Edited by Trials Punk

Only watched one match in my life for two reasons. One of them was because it was snowing and the players kept falling over which was amusing, the other because I was offered surprise sex in return for not switching the telly off.

sheffield-wednesday-fan.jpg I bet the 'suprise sex' was worth it

I absolutely love football. For me it's the funnest game on this earth to play, and the most entertaining to watch.

But whether you like it or not, some of the comments in this thread are pretty ignorant. For a start, England players definately DO care about winning the world cup. I know they're overpaid fassys but you don't get to that level without absolutely loving football, and winning the world cup is every footballing kid's dream.

For a start, England players definately DO care about winning the world cup.

Coulda fooled me after yesterday's performance :giggle:. The biggest issue I have with the current English football frenzy is that you all expect to win every match and expect to go a long way in the WC. For most countries, including the biggies like Brazil, the fans seem to want the team to win and are passionate and supportive of the team, regardless of whether they actually win or lose. Obviously they'd like their team to win but don't necessarily expect it like England fans seem to.

Coulda fooled me after yesterday's performance :giggle:. The biggest issue I have with the current English football frenzy is that you all expect to win every match and expect to go a long way in the WC. For most countries, including the biggies like Brazil, the fans seem to want the team to win and are passionate and supportive of the team, regardless of whether they actually win or lose. Obviously they'd like their team to win but don't necessarily expect it like England fans seem to.

I don't think everyone expects it as much as you say to be honest, I certainly don't, people just want it to happen enough to seem that way. As for being passionate and supportive of the team whether they win or lose, I don't think some of the shocking decisions and general poor approach to the World Cup would go down too well if the Brazilians did it either.

I don't understand football at all when I watch it, I have no idea what the offside rule really means for instance, nor do I care. All I know is when England are playing, people have barbeques and invite me to them, then are delighted when I eat more food than anyone else! It's also pretty exciting when the ball ends up in the right net.

I like football.

Edited by Muel

Only watched one match in my life for two reasons. One of them was because it was snowing and the players kept falling over which was amusing, the other because I was offered surprise sex in return for not switching the telly off.

How can you be offered surprise sex? Surely then it just becomes sex... :P

Does anyone have the stats for tomorrows group C games? As in, how the USA / Algeria match will effect what england will have to do to get to the knockouts.

Tis pretty straightforward - England and USA are level on goal difference and they have scored more goals than us, we need more points than them from the final game ideally! A win by more goals than they beat Algeria by would do too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/groups_and_teams/group_c

Tis pretty straightforward - England and USA are level on goal difference and they have scored more goals than us, we need more points than them from the final game ideally! A win by more goals than they beat Algeria would do too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/groups_and_teams/group_c

Come on USA/Slovenia :D