Who Cares About Football?

Jamie_Trials

Do you care about football  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about football

Ok so:

If england win, we're through.

If england lose, we're out.

If England draw and the USA loses, we're through.

If both matches end in a draw. 0 goal difference, and 1 goal difference to england, england are out. 2 goal difference to england and it's literally a coin toss. 3 goal difference and England are through.

Any goal difference to the USA (if both matches draw) and england are out.

Am I right?

I Don't.

I mean ,what kind of game is that? It's boring, and not entertaining at all. You spend 90 minutes of your life to see how 2 people will probably score 2 goals, and that's all. So stupid.

I find only 1 type of sport "watchable". It's basketball. At least they score 100+/100+ and not 0/1. More point means more tensing moments and more fun. Basketball can give 300% more "wow" than football.

At the end of the day, watching any kind of sport is stupid....it's better to get your a*s of the couch and do the sport you like to watch.

Surely your 'we' should be USA, no? ;)

No.

Screw the USA they're the only country that call it soccer.

No, if USA win by 2 goals and we win by only 1, we're out.

No, cos then Algeria will have more points than us.

Oh wow so England have very little chance then on the grand scheme of things.

No, if USA win by 2 goals and we win by only 1, we're out.

That's wrong.

If England win against Slovenia then we are through, it doesn't matter how many goals we score or how many USA scores.

If USA win, they are through and so are England. We will both have 5 points and the other 2 teams will have 4 and 1.

The goal difference will come into effect if USA and England win (so both teams will go through on 5 points) but to determine who wins the group will be goal difference.

No.

Screw the USA they're the only country that call it soccer.

Oh wow so England have very little chance then on the grand scheme of things.

Nah I would say were pretty safe to be honest if the team decide to play properly. I think algeria will easily put 1 past the USA then I doubt they are going to score 3 so us winning by one goal should be do-able.

That's wrong.

If England win against Slovenia then we are through, it doesn't matter how many goals we score or how many USA scores.

Oh yeah, duh, my bad! Confusion >_<

Also if England draw and USA draw then we can still go through if we have a better goal difference.

We are both at zero goal difference at the moment though, but USA have scored 2 more goals than us. So we'd have to draw 3-3 and them 0-0 to go through like that?

slovenia are top of the group! england are playing them tomorrow............if england win they are through. It does not matter what USA do.

if USA win they are through.

if england lose they are out, if england draw and usa lose, england are through.

if both USA and england draw their games, USA are through unless englands goal difference is better than USAs which at the momet both teams are on 0. If both teams after this game draw the same score then it will go down to most goals scored which means USA will be through as they are on +3 and england only on +1.

i personally think england and usa will qualify, with usa finishing 1st due to goals scored difference.

Edited by arw_86

I understand the offside rule but don't understand what determines whether a free kick is direct or indirect...

It's pretty much.

Direct freekick for most fouls. (a propper foul, e.g the player gets studded or tripped up or doesn't get the ball in a tackle).

In direct for fouls like obstruction, pass backs, ref stopping play, pretty much anything not deemed dangerous.

Oh yeah, duh, my bad! Confusion >_<

We are both at zero goal difference at the moment though, but USA have scored 2 more goals than us. So we'd have to draw 3-3 and them 0-0 to go through like that?

Haha I know, I literally edited that as soon as I posted it, you had to quote it before I finished editing didn't you :P.

I totally don't get that. Zero goal difference, but they have 2 goals more than us? :S

I totally don't get that. Zero goal difference, but they have 2 goals more than us? :S

but they have conceeded 2 goals more than us.

they have scored 3 and conceeded 3 = 0

we have scored 1 and conceeded 1 = 0

its in their favour if the goal difference stays the same as it then goes to goals scored i believe

All I can hear is a bunch of f**king morons screaming because I have my windows open - they sound like animals.

"Kam on fackin' in-ger-lund!"

f**k. Off.

Yes if we win it's great, but do you really have to lower yourself to noises more at home in the ape enclosure?

Did anybody hear Radio 2 earlier?

It was a discussion on if kids should be allowed to leave school early to watch the match. Some guy was against it and said "We're playing a country that has more trees than people; it's hardly an achievement if we beat them is it?"

Made me laugh, but I hope England do go through. I'm not particularly interested in football, but it's a fantastic atmosphere when everyones in the pub watching it.

My brother told his tutor that if they're allowed to go home early because of football, he's going home early when Wimbledon is on. :lol:

How are "we" doing in this match then? I'm not watching because no-one has offered me free food if I do.

1-0 to us, although by the sound of it we're getting some close shots.

I only have a radio and it's like picking up transmissions from an alien on acid - I haven't a clue what the f**k he's on about, I can just tell a near goal by the sound of his voice.

The higher his voice, the closer the ball to the goal. My method is flawless.