2. 2. Stock/24"

• 7-8kg
    • 8-9kg
    • 9-10kg
    • 10-11kg
    • 11-12kg
    • +12kg
    • Don't own one

Just wondered what the average kind of weight is for peoples bikes on here?

I know there's a few riders who are obsessed with keeping it as low as possible whereas some people concentrate more on strength, not checked my stock yet but weighed my Python yesterday and it came out around 11.3kg.

Not sure if this is high or low but it was built more as a starter bike to take some hammer so I wasn't that concerned at the time but in the future I'll probably look at lighter parts when things break or need upgrading.

What does yours weigh?

11.1 kg for my stock bike... Could probably knock 1 kg off with an aluminium fork, Echo SL cranks, CF bars and stem and lighter wheels, tubes and tyres, but the bike works way too well for me to consider changing anything to save weight and I could lose more than the weight of the bike in fat and see a much bigger improvement :P...

Got my stock down to 10.6 kg. Nothing out of the ordinary, and parts have been holding up well for a beginner that's rough on the bike. Could probably drop plenty if I didn't run the super-duper heavy duty rear innertube.

From a look at weights of parts on Tarty, probably a shade under 10kg. Edit: For a mod.

I hope people don't attempt to look fashionable by following suite of the few above that have said "don't care". I'm sure you don't, but the thread asked how much your bike weighs - not whether you care or not.

Edited by aener

Yeah I'm not trying to find who's got the lightest bike or owt just wondered what the average is.

I'm more concerned about funcionality than anything, if it does the job for me it's perfect but I got the opportunity to weigh my mod so I thought I'd just see how it compares when I built it with no thought about lightweight components whatsoever!

You don't have to vote genius. I don't care enough to weigh it, why is that not a valid answer?

Because he asked how much you bike weighed. "I'm not bothered" is not a valid quantity of ANY unit of weight, be it metric or imperial.

You didn't have to even f**king post - especially as it was in response to a question you had no intent of answering for him.

Because he asked how much you bike weighed. "I'm not bothered" is not a valid quantity of ANY unit of weight, be it metric or imperial.

You didn't have to even f**king post - especially as it was in response to a question you had no intent of answering for him.

I posted to ask a question. My reply to the question was "i have no idea". If you'd care to read it properly you'd see that is a perfectly valid answer.

I'm not going to get into another disagreement because of your over-pendanticism of semantics.

Just... No.

It is not a valid answer.

A valid answer would have been "x(.y)kg".

Sure I'm pedantic, (especially with semantics - isn't one of the humanistic traits our communicative skills? Let's try to prevent regression shall we...) but still, the question was "how heavy".