Atomz 2010 Range

Mark W

Atomz have a few new products out for 2010/2011, and have updated some of their others.

The Elitis rims have now been beefed up a bit with the addition of some eyelets. The rears are still 40g lighter than the equivalent size Try-All hOles rims too.

large_elitis26r.jpg

large_elitis26f.jpg

large_elitis19.jpg

large_elitis20.jpg

The Elitis bar is a pretty lightweight, 740mm wide 7075 bar offering a little less upsweep than other bars out there.

large_elitis.jpg

The Elitis cranks and bashring combo is a new design from them, featuring forged cranks that are then CNC'd on the rear to save as much weight as possible, coupled to a tapered and contoured bashring with matching graphics. Pretty nice looking combo.

large_elitis.jpg

The Elitis clamps are the same as last year but are now available in red to match the accents/highlights on the complete Quark 2 bikes.

They have also brought out a forged stem similar to the TartyBikes Forged/Try-All NUC Forged stem (featuring 125mm x 25° as it's geometry).

No new stems? I'm running atomz stem, but was hopping to get a new lite version of it or something. :ermm:

They have also brought out a forged stem similar to the TartyBikes Forged/Try-All NUC Forged stem (featuring 125mm x 25° as it's geometry).

;)

the frames look quite smart but I hate Atomz with a passion! Pain in the arse to deal with, sent out un-ridable bikes and then deny there was ever a problem!

Still, saying that, I did like my Premire frame a lot.

They had brakes, but the pads on the hs33 bikes were to fat to fit the rim so they didn't even bother fitting them. We either had to replace the pads or cut them down until they fit.

The disc versions had the hoses swapped by Atomz but they were so short it was stupid, plus they lost a lot of fluid in the process so all the disc bikes need the brakes bleeding .

Also they sent bikes with bolt through forks and non bolt through front wheels and then denyng it's a problem.

surly cutting some pads down and bleeding some brakes isn't too much of a problem for a bike mechanic. part and parcel of setting a bike up! should see the state some bikes come in from much bigger companies everyday. at one point gt bmx's were like a Mecharno kit!, lol!!

i could see the hub thing being a problem though!, however lets hope they've ironed out any teething problems.

i must say i was really impressed with the way the new bikes arrived when Danny got his. practically fully assembled in the box, just needed setting up and hoses swapping, brakes bled with water etc. only 10 Minuit job and ready to ride.

well if you're happy spending 2k on a bike and then have to spend hours "fixing" it then that's ok. I think it's a complete joke.

I don't know how Adam is so patient with them, I would have told Atomz to shove their bikes up their arse for free and f**k off while they are doing it.

It was the Atomz Premier 20" full build. Had the Atomz bolt through forks with a standard non disc Atomz hub. I thought about cutting the axel down, but it then meant if I ever changed my forks, the wheel would be useless.

Had to wrench the forks apart so far and almost smack the wheel to get it to go in. Wasn't fun when you had front HS33 as well!

didn't think it took hours to bleed a brake and fit some pads. especialy for a profesional mechanic.

you'v changed ali!!

I think Ali makes perfect sense here.

The bike should only be assembled before it could be sold. Not repaired!

With that said, the bikes look good.

didn't think it took hours to bleed a brake and fit some pads. especialy for a profesional mechanic.

I don't think Ali was just referring to the brakes themselves. I can appreciate that some 'bigger' companies supply bikes in a worse state than that (and having worked in a 'normal' shop I've had to build them too), but there are other trials companies out there who just do a better job as standard. It's not a massive deal or anything, it's just a bit of attention to detail that they're missing out on.

I don't think Ali was just referring to the brakes themselves. I can appreciate that some 'bigger' companies supply bikes in a worse state than that (and having worked in a 'normal' shop I've had to build them too), but there are other trials companies out there who just do a better job as standard. It's not a massive deal or anything, it's just a bit of attention to detail that they're missing out on.

I read somewhere that they received the spare parts with a lot of delay, so i think they mounted the bikes in a hurry.

Anyway, the bikes are quite good compared to some other brands, but indeed, they don't seem very organized that include dealing.

And they should communicate more around their products.

They had brakes, but the pads on the hs33 bikes were to fat to fit the rim so they didn't even bother fitting them. We either had to replace the pads or cut them down until they fit.

The disc versions had the hoses swapped by Atomz but they were so short it was stupid, plus they lost a lot of fluid in the process so all the disc bikes need the brakes bleeding .

Also they sent bikes with bolt through forks and non bolt through front wheels and then denyng it's a problem.

That is utter shite, I wouldn't take shit like that from a supplier.

well if you're happy spending 2k on a bike and then have to spend hours "fixing" it then that's ok. I think it's a complete joke.

I don't know how Adam is so patient with them, I would have told Atomz to shove their bikes up their arse for free and f**k off while they are doing it.

Thats it Ali, get militant...........................

Edited by Matt Vandart

• 2 months later...