Born 2010 Frame And Bars

Mark W

Chinese brand Born have a new frame out, featuring a 1100mm WB, 385mm CS, +60mm BB and a 70.5° HA. Pretty sweet looking in my opinion!

large_born.jpg

large_born2.jpg

large_born3.jpg

large_born4.jpg

large_born5.jpg

large_born6.jpg

large_born7.jpg

large_born8.jpg

large_born9.jpg

large_born10.jpg

large_born11.jpg

large_born12.jpg

Born also have some updated carbon risers out. 720mm width, 9° back, 12° up, 88mm total rise and new graphics for 2010/2011.

large_bornsil.jpg

large_bornsil2.jpg

That frame is stunning, lots of neat details and a clean tidy look to it :) I can imagine it's rather expensive mind!

Take it back £399 is pretty reasonable for a frame that looks like its had a fair bit of thought and attention to detail put into it.

Edited by craigjames

sorry to say, but this is really disgusting(

The frame looks just like MBK T1000 Evo2, which my best friend snaped in 1.5 months of light riding, so there is no trust in that.

And the bars.....well....I actually cracked it by bending over the knee.....without much power applied to it.

The frame looks just like MBK T1000 Evo2, which my best friend snaped in 1.5 months of light riding, so there is no trust in that.

And the bars.....well....I actually cracked it by bending over the knee.....without much power applied to it.

Right... so any frame that looks anything like a frame that someone else broke can't be trusted? Sorry but that's a rubbish reason to have a poor opinion of anything! And the bars.... well.... did you crack the Born bars or some other carbon ones? Again, you can't really judge one product on the performance of something completely different.

• Like 3

Right... so any frame that looks anything like a frame that someone else broke can't be trusted? Sorry but that's a rubbish reason to have a poor opinion of anything! And the bars.... well.... did you crack the Born bars or some other carbon ones? Again, you can't really judge one product on the performance of something completely different.

Woah there Danny, of course you can!

The only visible disavandtage of this frame, is that there is not enough contact between the chainstay and the seatstay, so that will result in a flexy rear triangle. The main thing is the dropouts then, because if they had put minimalist ones, there would be plenty of weld surface and also weight saving at the end!

sorry to say, but this is really disgusting(

This isn't an MBK frame though, so... well, it's basically not the same frame. As a result, that has about as much relevance as me riding a fixie and breaking that frame.

Regarding the bars, the very first batch of Born bars did break, but they were manufactured incorrectly and that entire batch was scrapped. If you had a set of those bars then they would break that fast, but the correct batch of bars are the same as the Try-All bars which last for aaaaaages.

The only visible disavandtage of this frame, is that there is not enough contact between the chainstay and the seatstay, so that will result in a flexy rear triangle.

What.