Hook Woods - 12 September

noworries

After a very successful time for the British team at the BIU world championship in Spain and Italy it is now time to make plans for the 2010 BIU British Championship at Hook Wood on September 12th. The entry form and fact sheet about the trial can be downloaded from www.ebtc.net Click on the EBTC News tab on the home page and then click on the entry form on when the news page opens.

YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENCE TO ENTER THIS TRIAL. (See the fact sheet with the entry form for details)

Any problems downloading or printing the entry form then phone 01702 559137 or email me dc_bradley@talktalk.net with your address and I will send you a copy by snail mail.

Dave Bradley.

• 2 weeks later...

dave is on his hols at the moment , back on the 25th i think , should be a good event , im there.

Am back now - had a great biking holiday in the mountains.

Not got many entries yet - quite a few promises but I must have entry forms asap or a telephone call. I do need to know how many riders will be coming to make all the necessary arrangements

Dave

me and my friend want to enter this... is it too late?

No Chris it is not too late for you or anyone else to enter. Download the entry form and fact sheet from www.ebtc.net and post it to me. If you are unsure about anything you can email me dc_bradley@talktalk.net Same for anyone else who wants to enter PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND ENTER RIGHT AWAY

Dave Bradley

yesterday reminded me of why i stopped riding biu all them years ago..

sections where stupidly long.. to the point where it was a competition on pure fitness and nothing to do with skill

i hit my head on a branch and concurred one point... the bloke then cut it down so no one else had this problem and i kept my mark.. cos thats fair ??

wont be going to these any more

uci (Y)

sections where stupidly long.. to the point where it was a competition on pure fitness and nothing to do with skill

i hit my head on a branch and concurred one point... the bloke then cut it down so no one else had this problem and i kept my mark.. cos thats fair ??

uci (Y)

There was plenty of skill needed!

Perhaps you rode too harder route?

The time limit on the sections was fine for a British Championship, you just have to make

sure you do the moves first time. :blink:

dont think so mate.. if anything ill ride elite next time round... and you dont know me.. and i suggest you dont comment on my level or experience of riding :)

skill had nothing to do with it.. it was pure fitness

i might aswell of got my xc bike out and done it... was a complete joke..

worste trials ive ever attended in the years

fin

dont think so mate.. if anything ill ride elite next time round... and you dont know me.. and i suggest you dont comment on my level or experience of riding :)

fin

i aggree sections were to long for the time we had i managed to split my knee open rushing to the finish

but i did enjoy the ride

the top riders seemed to do fine with time on the sections.. didnt see sam oliver struggle for time.. i thought the sections were ok, shame they changed them after a lap... surly ridding a competion a fittnes and skill combined.. not how high you can jump.. orther wise damon waston would be world champ??

awsome place to ride after the comp though..

the top riders seemed to do fine with time on the sections.. didnt see sam oliver struggle for time.. i thought the sections were ok, shame they changed them after a lap... surly ridding a competion a fittnes and skill combined.. not how high you can jump.. orther wise damon waston would be world champ??

awsome place to ride after the comp though..

Totally agree with Dave. Competition riding is a mixture of riding ability and fittness. I know some riders such as Jack M spent many weeks/months training specifically for this trial. Yes some sections did seem a little long, but maybe just a case of some riders better prepared than others??

EDIT: After the comp riding was mint! Big respect to Dave for the tree hook ;)

Edited by nathie wafie

fin

First of all, I am not your mate!

Secondly, I certainly do know who you are & that you haven't rode in years & your fitness is apalling :giggle:

uci (Y)

The small part of the main branch was removed after your problem - your father was advised you could redo this section but he told me you had already gone back to the car and decided to retire after only completing four sections of the first lap.

Dave Bradley Clerk of the Course

The small part of the main branch was removed after your problem - your father was advised you could redo this section but he told me you had already gone back to the car and decided to retire after only completing four sections of the first lap.

Dave Bradley Clerk of the Course

When and where is the next EBTC trial?

Is there a list of dates and venues on your website?

Danny.