Eccentric Dropouts.

Ross McArthur

Looks interesting, be nice to see how it effects or doesn't effect geo in a negative way. If you can design it so that when tensioned the axle is rotated to the intended and designed position.

All depends on the chain length I think. I hope to get it set up so the brake mounts line up at least haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got any other interesting ideas going on the frame? :)

Will just have to wait and see :-

Naaaa, only messin. The rest should be ISO Marino standard stuff. He is working on it at the moment, so im just waiting on some photos that show the brake mounts lining up with a rim with the dropout rotated in every position. I asked him to make the CS 375mm to the centre of the cam, guessing that ill have the cam rotated round to about 270 degrees (obviously depending on my gear ratio and the condition of my chain) when tightened up.

Here's hoping its all going to work out. Ill have full build photos in the next few weeks I hope. Depends on when Paddington Bear brings it over.

Is that you are going to have! It is amazing, but I think it will slip on a big pedal move! I can be wrong though 'cause if you tighten it up enough it should be alright....

I don't know, it's a very good idea anyway!

I would imagine that the amount of clamping area around the cam itself would be more than enough to hold it on big pedal moves.

Looks much better than i ever thought it would dude. Ill get the cams polished up for you if you like when you get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude,

I got your PM.

I haven’t got the frame yet. Its on its way, so I couldn’t give any feedback on it as of yet.

Glad you like the idea of the eccentric dropouts on a trials bike. Its obviously not an original idea but its not very common. I hope to show it working well so maybe more people may be persuaded to order a Marino with the same dropouts. B)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Hey dude,

I got your PM.

I haven’t got the frame yet. Its on its way, so I couldn’t give any feedback on it as of yet.

Glad you like the idea of the eccentric dropouts on a trials bike. Its obviously not an original idea but its not very common. I hope to show it working well so maybe more people may be persuaded to order a Marino with the same dropouts. B)

thanks for the reply!

what diameter are the alu discs in your case?

also, the other 4 holes are for weight reduction or..?

Ahhh, I see what you mean. You're talking about the cams? (disc)

The cam I made was 40mm dia.

No, the other four holes have been made so Marino could test the cams to see what position to have the axle so the chain was tight so he could line up the brake mounts. I have a set of cams I made in work to go in the frame when it comes.... Polished and engraved B)

Ahhh, I see what you mean. You're talking about the cams? (disc)

The cam I made was 40mm dia.

No, the other four holes have been made so Marino could test the cams to see what position to have the axle so the chain was tight so he could line up the brake mounts. I have a set of cams I made in work to go in the frame when it comes.... Polished and engraved B)

shouldn't he place the mounts in a position that is neutral to all possible positions of the axle?