Buying Second Hand?

krazykid009

Hey all,

I am looking for a second hand stock frame at the moment, but as it will only be for mucking about on and not being ridden much, I am hoping to get one second hand for around the £80ish mark.

Does anyone know of any good sites to look at for second hand gear. I've been trawling Ebay for weeks now as well as Trade-It but to no avail.

Thanks

James

I've built a second hand bike consisting from 2nd hand parts only bought from the 'For Sale' section of this Forum... Drive Part's such as Chain, Sprockets and BB's I always buy new, which is what I'm waiting on atm.

If it's any help from here I picked up an Echo Stem not sure exactly which one, Echo Control 07 Frame and Black Echo SL forks for all £150. Forks and Stem could pass as being brand brand new! and frame look's like it's had a couple of rides no dent's and only light scratches.... Frame's getting sprayed any how as I like to be different, spraying it blue this weekend then building it!

All the sellers I can't fault what so ever, each seller posted the parts either on the same day as payment or the day after depending on the time of day the deal was made. So in theory I received parts quicker than buying from a shop. obviously there's risk's involved in buying off someone you don't know online... which kinda suck's but like I said with all of my sellers no hassle what so ever!

I've built a few bikes over time and you normally even up waiting 4-5 days for parts and so forth -_-.. but with buying from someone directly on here the parts came either the next day or the following! Obv the seller need's to make that happen mind, but it's the same with a shop. :)

Atm I'm in the same boat, don't have much cash to spend on a new bike, but all my ol' trials friends are back from UNI and old group I used to ride with are starting up again also.. so I'm dead keen to get myself a bike sorted to join in the fun, hopefully next week... wippie!

Long story short, I'd recommend the 'For sale' section over Ebay anyday at this moment in time.

Are you looking for an Mod or Stock frame?

Edited by tubby

Hey again.

I'm looking for a stock frame. as to age it dosn't matter, but I am looking for something has a straight line or near between the headset and the rear hub, as I don't like the look of the one that have a 135 degree bend where the seat-stay comes up. Liam1992, is that meant to say £120?

Thanks

James

Hey again.

I'm looking for a stock frame. as to age it dosn't matter, but I am looking for something has a straight line or near between the headset and the rear hub, as I don't like the look of the one that have a 135 degree bend where the seat-stay comes up. Liam1992, is that meant to say £120?

Thanks

James

Nope I have a phase frame for sale for £20.

Ive got a kubki mono frame with headset and forks (headset needs regrease) with not dents or cracks for £65? How ever it is a long frame and ive got no idea of the geo

Is that the Daimondback Kabuki Mono? Could I ask for pics please, as I was looking at that bike before deciding to go for a mod for my birthday, so would be nice to have both.

Thanks

James