New From Trialtech...

Mark W

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trialtech have got a bunch of new stuff that has either just come out or is about to come out - if you give them a follow on Facebook they're posting up photos and info on there (Y) Some of the new stuff that's going to be shown at Tarty Days (and also be available at a discounted price for that weekend only):

11270330_847445615291885_575045498778155

• Like 4

Which brakes are you running, and which pads have you got at the moment? I've got the Jitsie pads (which have the same style backing plate as these) in my Hope back brake at the moment and without doing anything to them they didn't have the same brutal knocking/snapping noise the regular (or Pro) Hope pads have.

They are BB5/7 pads, yeah :)

On the Trialtech stand there are going to be some brakes bled with the fluid so you can check the feel, but the fluid's going to be on sale pretty cheap thanks to the Tarty Days discount so it won't break the bank. I believe Cap and Stan are both running it too so you could give their brakes a squeeze to get an idea too.

I just don't like the holes in the lever as they tear my fingers apart and I don't like wearing gloves

It does kinda suck, agreed, but I think you just need to wait it out.

After a while you'll get a decent callous there and then, instead of tearing you open, those holes give you really good grip on the blade and it feels ace.

That's my experience, anyway. Maybe I got lucky.

• Like 1

are the trialtech leverblades longer then the 4 finger standard blade (short one) ? personally im not keen on the increased length, and i was originally after a fresh products for my 05, but if this isnt much longer it could be the ideal replacement, as the end were your finger seats onto it looks very similar, plus being trialtech it will be qaulity.

TartyBikes quote the same percentage power increase over the official Magura 2-finger blade as the official Magura 4-finger blade, so I'd assume that means the TT blade is about the same length as the Magura one.

It does kinda suck, agreed, but I think you just need to wait it out.

After a while you'll get a decent callous there and then, instead of tearing you open, those holes give you really good grip on the blade and it feels ace.

That's my experience, anyway. Maybe I got lucky.

The Tech 3s are a pretty big improvement over the old cheese-gratery ones. I had the original Tech ones and they weren't particularly comfortable, but the new ones seem decent. One thing you can do is mould some of that formable putty stuff over them. Ali uses some putty stuff on the backs of his lever blades to make them a little less finger-death, so I don't see why you couldn't do similar with the Hope blades.

When will the new Trialtech parts be available? Especially interested in the BB7 pads.

The pads DO look a lot like the Jitsie ones.

As far as I know there's no difference between them and the Jitsie pads.

The pads should be available really soon - they're in stock with Trialtech so I guess it's just a case of them being ordered, shipped and then shops getting them up on their sites. They should be a competitive price.

As far as I know there's no difference between them and the Jitsie pads.

The pads should be available really soon - they're in stock with Trialtech so I guess it's just a case of them being ordered, shipped and then shops getting them up on their sites. They should be a competitive price.

That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks Mark!